Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ta*Daa!!!

Finally a picture of the refinished antique changing table. I am guessing that originally it was a buffet since the drawers have locks and the top to curved ones look like they probably stored the silverware. We bought it for $85 on Craig's List and it was in great condition. All I had to do was stain it the dark cherry color to match our bedroom furniture. Then Mr. D. and I built and stained the custom "changing table topper". You can see it in one of the pics before the stain. Finally Mr. D. purchased a new leather chair and a lamp (on a dimmer) to give a little light when we need it in the middle of the night. Maybe someday I will take a picture of how it all fits together in with our furniture... but not tonight... since the bed didn't get made today and I am about to jump in it!


Happy Inauguration Day! Such a happy day for America!


I am going to soak in a tub now... I can not tell you how sore my boobs are all of a sudden! Pumping? Herbs? What??? And there has been some very strange think yellow stuff coming out of one... (I know... TMI... but what do I do.. I have never done this before!) So the yellow stuff was thick like toothpaste and about 1/16 of an inch came out of my right breast twice... Really a small amount. It wasn't painful at all... but now 2 days later they are just really sore... like in early pregnancy... (No... I am not pregnant). Any hypothises?

10 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I would say it is colostrum. The first day or so of breastfeeding my infant, I had exactly what you described.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

me too, colostrum definitely. that is what mine looked like the first couple of days i started nursing..that is a great sign.

5:39 AM  
Blogger juneheller said...

It sounds like you're making colostrum, which is good news indeed!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

I didn't BF but I think they girls have a good idea.

I love the changing table/dresser, it's beautiful!!!! Great job!!!!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kriston said...

It is colostrum. That is good news. Keep pumping and your milk sounds like it should come in. It will be more white and thinner.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

its colostrum and means you are doing weel for pumping... for me its meant a prolactinoma growing in my brain... joy.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Leslee said...

That's beautiful! And it sounds like colostrum to me. Keep going and you'll be getting milk soon!

babyattheend

7:36 AM  
Blogger FattyPants said...

I used to read your blog a lot and I haven't taken a look in a while. I just dropped in and seen you are adopting a girl . .congratulations!! I agree with the others, sounds like the beginning of your milk

12:03 AM  
Blogger WholeLottaSinger said...

Hi! I can say I am a pumping "expert" since my son never took my breast and I feed him breast milk for 13 months... In the begining I did not know how to do it properly and had mastitis which almost wiped out my supply completely. I used a medicine treatment called Reglan and worked wonders for me, so this is a reference in case you need. Also I always supplemented him with formula, one because I was always terrified of my supply just disappearing one day, and secondly because he always drank a huge amount of milk and I could not meet the demand. Good luck with your breastfeeding journey!

1:43 PM  
Blogger ASP said...

Any news about Finley yet? Has she been born yet? Just curious! Love reading your blog and hope all is well!

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here