Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Say it ain't so Joe!

So Lisa Marie Presley just named her twin girls!!!

Harper... (which was our second choice name...)

AND...

FINLEY!!!

arrrggghh!!!!

How strange that we chose a name that we had never heard anyone use... and now... wham... it went the way of Violet and Vivienne... But HOW did she pick BOTH of our names??? If I find out Finley's middle name is Elisse I will really be freaked!

We are still using "our" name... because she is already Finn to us.... but man... that sucks!

Hopefully it won't become the next Brittany, Ashley or Kaylie or any of the other names that have now become super over used and are now common.

I just wanted our daughter to have a unique and well thought out name... and now I will have to cringe when anyone says... "Oh Finley... did you name her after Elvis's granddaughter??"

uuggghh...

PS... The wait is getting really hard... we haven't heard anything from our agency in a while. It is really hard to be in "the wait". Please keep us in your prayers.

PSS... Everyone vote. I am voting for Obama... mainly because of Sarah Palin.

11 Comments:

Blogger JW Moxie said...

Palin freaks me out, too.

I doubt anyone will even think twice about connecting your future daughter's name with that of Lisa Marie's daughter. It'll still be special, just the same!

I hope that the wait isn't too much longer!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh hon...shes just a B grade celeb anyway...no-one will even notice!

Dont change it, I love that name! (dont worry, we wont steal it =)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Tasha said...

the same thing happened with my son. i had the name Levi picked for years..and then 2 weeks after my son was born (and named) stupid Matthew McConaughey names his son Levi too! I was outraged. But honestly, no one has mentioned it to me and Finley is a fantastic name. Keep it! You won't regret it.

Good luck with the wait. I hope you hear something soon.

6:11 AM  
Blogger beret said...

Don't worry about it! No one cares about Lisa Marie Presley anymore anyway. I think Angie Harmon's daughter is Finley too, and you don't really hear too many of them around.

My friend is pg and wants to use Vivienne, a family name she had chosen a long time ago. When Angelina had her twins, she was so devestated!

7:35 AM  
Blogger BelleBelle said...

I luv he name. Unique and very strong. She'll be a lucky girl to have you as a mom.
I know how you feel about the wait. Been waiting for 7 years, between fertility treatments and adoption. Finally 5 weeks ago we got the call. We are so happy. She'll be born in December. We are naming her Isabella. Not as original as Finley...
Now you have to add 1 more comment to you 10 things... "Just wait, now that you are adopting you will get pregnant" HATE THAT!!! Good luck and I am praying for you!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pumkins, Pumkins... where's the pumkins this year? I always look forward to see what you guys carve!
I love the original name you have for you daughter... it beautiful.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

I think you will be safe with Finley. I don't think anyone will think twice about Lisa Marie. BUT, you could change it to Brinley (wink,wink)!! LOL!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your names are great.. stick with them. I hope you hear from the agency soon... The sooner the better hey :-)
Hugs,
Lesley

6:38 PM  
Blogger whispering loudly said...

I just have to say that our 6 mo old daughter is also named Finley... AND... our other top name for her was HARPER. Strange world, eh? I also was shocked when I heard about Lisa Marie's girls. I couldn't believe it!!!

I'm with you - I hope that these names don't start gaining popularity! BUT GO AHEAD WITH YOUR NAME. I THINK IT IS BEAUTIFUL -- it fits my daughter perfectly!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I think the name is beautiful and no one will even think of anyone else when they hear the name! I stumbled across your blog as I am TTC. I was curious as I cannot read all of your archives, did you ever try anything other than clomid in TTC? You can email me at reneealeshire@yahoo.com if you would. Thanks and best wishes!

8:08 PM  
Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

Keep up with YOUR name! And Palin is so repulsive that I'd vote against her any day. Obama just happens to be AWESOME.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here