Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 06, 2008

More stuff!!!

I have been in Houston for the 4th! I was excited to see my husband after 2 weeks and spend 2 1/2 days together!

Yesterday, while Mr. D. was in rehearsal, I was alone window shopping in Pottery Barn Kids... I was totally having a great time and then I think I started to have a mini-panic attack. My heart was fluttering and I left the store and had to walk around a "real store" (Ann Taylor Loft) to make myself feel better. To my major surprise I look up and see Mr. D. walking towards me... his rehearsal had let our early and he saw my car at PBK! So he was there at the end of my freak out and told me with a smaile that I had better "pull it together" 'cause this is for keeps!

Is this normal? Am I panicking because of our baby... or the fact I still feel pretty "fake" about the whole thing... or is it because Pottery Barn Kids is so freaking expensive and I know I will never be able to give our daughter "everything" we want her to have?

I am going to stick to window shopping at Target for the next week or two.

Mr. D. told me this morning that he dreamed we got "the call". He said that we were there at the hotel in Houston and got "the call" to come get our daughter. We were calling all of our friends and family to tell them we got "the call". He also said that he dreamed we were going to name her Katherine and call her Kate. I asked him if he wanted to name her that for real and was relived when he said no. Katherine is pretty... but we already have a name we have picked out!

Add this to my dream that the baby was her. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought for a minute she was in a bassinet next to the sofa in the hotel. After a momentary freak out I woke up more and realized there was no baby yet and the bassinet was just a laundry basket!

I have major baby brain!

Today we also got a statement from our agency for the next payment installment and the completed approved homestudy! Wow... I think I am feeling a little freak-out-ish.

I drove back home from Houston this afternoon.... I have several more days of teaching camp before I go back to Houston on the 14th for opening night.

That is the cliff notes version of my life right now... I will post more soon!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So happy for you both... this child will be so blessed to be with wonderful parents like you! Don't worry about PBK... it's mostly my go to for decorating ideas... I then replicate them my why with antiques and ikea... besides your child will never know the difference. Love is what matters (along with food, diapers and basic care :) )

I was adopted at five months and have had a great experience !

7:31 PM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

Your feelings are normal. We all have crazy dreams and panic attacks when anticipating the arrival of a baby! Hang in there! In the end, when your holding your baby girl, you'll look back on these moments and will be able to laugh! I can't wait for the day you post pics of her beautiful face!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

A baby doesn't have to have lots of expensive stuff to be happy--they could care less. She is going to have everything she needs and more. The most important thing is that she has two parents who love her and there's no question about that.

Try to relax if at all possible. She is going to have it made :)

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kir said...

everything you are feeling is so normal and will continue to be, wait until she gets here!!!!
Love is what matters! and you and Mr D are going to be awesome parents.
So just breathe and get ready for the rest of your lives as a bigger family!!
*HUGS* thinking of you

8:06 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I agree with what everyone else wrote plus this:
They use nothing of their baby stuff later on so it really isn't important to them at all (just to you) :-). The important thing is that you get them a bed (when they transition) that will take them into college. So save now and use the big bucks for a very nice bed later. Plus, clothing gets very expensive (especially shoes) later on. It's nice to have the cool, baby stuff but you don't really need it. Get it 2nd hand from friends or family, if you can.
My kids are teenagers now. :-)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Oh, I am dancing a jig here for you!!! I am soooooo excited, but totally understand your "mild panic attack!" I have so been there, and know exactly what you're feeling! Just wait until you're holding your little punkin in your arms! It's THE BEST feeling on the planet! Totally mind-blowing. To this day I still look down at my little girl in awe and amazement and sometimes in total disbelief.

SOOOO happy for you!

7:32 AM  
Blogger juneheller said...

Our baby's room is totally craigslist hand-me-downs. He's happy and it looks great.

So excited for you.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here