Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 02, 2009

What the F@CK???

I have shingles!

Yeah the old person chickenpox-y polka dot nerve pain itch and burn fest!

I have a mild case... only about the size of a half dollar on my inner elbow but it is gross and I hate it!

I have been to the doctor twice already and am taking valtrex (yes... the herpes meds with the cute commercial) it is ALSO used for shingles... Anyway... I am thankful that it is a small breakout and seems to be responding well to meds... but holy shit... shingles????

The only two things that seem to cause shingles (besides the chickenpox virus hanging out in your body for years after you had the pox) is either a lower immune system or high stress levels...

Possibly adoption related anxiety???

hmmm... I wonder which one it is???

8 Comments:

Blogger Sporty said...

Sorry to hear that you have the shingles. That has got to suck! I am glad that it is responding to meds though. I would assume that it is the higher stress level of adoption anxiety mixed with work.

I keep praying that you get to bring your baby girl home very soon.

Take care of yourself.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Leslee said...

Sorry about the shingles. I hope they go away soon!

11:59 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

GAH! Shingles are HORRIBLE! I'm so sorry.

Hope you feel better soon.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Kir said...

oh sweetie, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better very soon and that Finn is on her way. :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Frenchie said...

So sorry to hear about the shingles. I got them when I was 14. Yep--14. But, it was shortly after my father died. Stress related? Yes. And very very painful (I had a patch on my back about the size of a small saucer). Hope the Valtrex helps! Take care of yourself!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hope you are feeling better. Shingles are awful. Have a nice weekend.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Hope you aren't in too much pain!

2:34 PM  
Blogger cmvbbay said...

About 4 months ago, I was diagnosed with shingles - no rash, just incredible pain. After I finished the meds (the herpetic type, a steroid, plus percodan), a friend gave me a bottle of Lysine which I've been taking ever since.

There's a shingles vaccine but not to be administered until one is 65...!

Hope you are feeling better.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here