Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Sunny Side Up???

Yesterday was 13 DPO... In the past 2 pregnancies I have conceived on day 13... but yesterday I got a negative on a OPK... We had TTCSex anyway... just in case.

Went to buy a OPK... Funny story... yesterday I sent Mr. D. to Target for a OPK.. they were out.... I stopped by Eckards... OUT! (Is EVERYONE TTC???) Finally I went to Walgreens and found them. Walked up to the counter and guess who was working??? G.M.... one of my goofy male students!!! I actually got a big smile out of him (they always freak when they see you out side of school) and I "Oh hello Mrs. D... What are YOU doing here???" (very Eddie Haskle) I just said WTF and bought them anyway... he probably doesn't know what they are....

I don't think I understand OPK's... I don't think I have ever seen a true positive... I always get a faint line. Actually this is the first OPK I have purchase in about a year and a half because I got frustrated with the constant faint line. But I know that I ovulate because I have conceived twice... on cd13. I hope that doesn't'"t mean there is something wrong with my eggs. (My doctor had never checked my eggs... just a million blood, urine, and pap tests) I remember in my early 20's spending a lot of time in the dreaded tanning bed... Did I fry up my eggs? What if I have sunburned eggs?

At least we had out traditional lucky day 13 rendezvous....

4 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

13 is a lucky number for me - I hope it's lucky for you this time!!!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

Didn't you just start a new cycle?

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,
I am just lurking and don't know your whole opk story, but I had problems with them when I tried them. It turned out that I had to use them twice a day to really be able to tell when the peak of the surge was or I'd miss it. I then quit using them because it's going to get too expensive given how long it's going to take me to conceive a healthy child. Good luck to you.
Julie
jmarkoski@nc.rr.com

7:58 AM  
Blogger Emma Jane said...

What is it with places running out of OPKs? Or having them past their expiration dates? And I'm so impressed with your sangfroid -- just going ahead and buying with a student behind the counter! Wow. You go, girl.

They are tricky little buggers. Mostly they've worked fine for me, just testing once a day, in the morning. Sometimes the darkest day isn't above the posted threshhold (of darker than the reference line), or maybe just the very edge of the test line is as dark as the reference line, but there's always been one day where the test line is quite a bit darker than what preceded it. Usually that synchronizes with CM changes and boob-puffing-up, so I think it counts.

(For what it's worth, I find the CVS store-brand ones easier to read than the "name brand" ones I've tried... cheaper, too.)

This cycle I was testing obsessively (I've got to hit it!), and, as it turns out, if I'd only been testing in the mornings I would have missed the surge. Huh.

I hope everything goes well with your new doctor!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here