Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Sunny Side Up???

Yesterday was 13 DPO... In the past 2 pregnancies I have conceived on day 13... but yesterday I got a negative on a OPK... We had TTCSex anyway... just in case.

Went to buy a OPK... Funny story... yesterday I sent Mr. D. to Target for a OPK.. they were out.... I stopped by Eckards... OUT! (Is EVERYONE TTC???) Finally I went to Walgreens and found them. Walked up to the counter and guess who was working??? G.M.... one of my goofy male students!!! I actually got a big smile out of him (they always freak when they see you out side of school) and I "Oh hello Mrs. D... What are YOU doing here???" (very Eddie Haskle) I just said WTF and bought them anyway... he probably doesn't know what they are....

I don't think I understand OPK's... I don't think I have ever seen a true positive... I always get a faint line. Actually this is the first OPK I have purchase in about a year and a half because I got frustrated with the constant faint line. But I know that I ovulate because I have conceived twice... on cd13. I hope that doesn't'"t mean there is something wrong with my eggs. (My doctor had never checked my eggs... just a million blood, urine, and pap tests) I remember in my early 20's spending a lot of time in the dreaded tanning bed... Did I fry up my eggs? What if I have sunburned eggs?

At least we had out traditional lucky day 13 rendezvous....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Didn't you just start a new cycle?

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI,
I am just lurking and don't know your whole opk story, but I had problems with them when I tried them. It turned out that I had to use them twice a day to really be able to tell when the peak of the surge was or I'd miss it. I then quit using them because it's going to get too expensive given how long it's going to take me to conceive a healthy child. Good luck to you.
Julie
jmarkoski@nc.rr.com

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here