Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 29, 2004

My Promise

Thanksgiving Day 2000

After 5 years together Mr. D popped the question at the DisneyWorld wedding beach... we were alone (I knew what was coming) and he was so sweet.... We sent our our engagement announcement instead of Christmas cards... It was a Disney card with a raggedy Cinderella sitting on a throne with the one glass slipper on her foot...
it said:

Announcing the Engagement of
Jamie & (Mr. D.)
The air was filled with magic and love...
as he knelt and proposed
under the DisneyWorld stars.
We would like to wish you a joyous holiday season
and the most enchanted 2001!

The ring was so special because it was the ring my Dad gave my Mom... They were married for 20 years and after they divorced my mom wanted me to have it. Even though my parents are no longer together it represents so much of my childhood spent starring at that ring... trying it on... and wanting to be a bride. It also keeps both of my parents very close to me... even though they live far away. Mr. D. KNEW that this was the perfect way to propose and the perfect ring for me to wear each day to symbolize the promise we made on our wedding day.

Our Wedding Day ~ December 23, 2001
The most magical Christmas wedding you could imagine! Complete with Christmas carolers, a Victorian house, everyone singing, an all dessert reception... and most of all... the most romantic evening of my life....

The words Mr. D said to me that night in front of out closest family and friend as we both had tears in our eyes were truly magical... I knew that this was the right thing... I knew that this was the man that would be there for me through everything... I knew that he would love me no matter what....I knew that we would be together for the rest of our lives...

We are so blessed in our lives and we ARE living...
Happily Ever After....

with or without baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here