Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

A quick update...

I have been taking a couple of days off and just wanted to give you all the updates...

My students did a awesome job at competition... but we did not win... I actually was surprised because everyone seemed to think we were a sure thing... everyone except the judge... So I was in a funk most of Sunday and Monday and even took a day off of work to recoup!

On Monday night I sang at the big benefit last night and it went really well. We raised $8000 (after expenses) for the family of Olivia ( 7 year old with leukemia) and the HOPE FOR CHILDREN FOUNDATION. There is nothing like looking into the face of a mom who lost her 8 month old baby to leukemia to put things into perspective for you... I am so honored to have been a part of this benefit... especially since my mom lost my half sister to leukemia when she was only 4 years old... I didn't come along until 6 years later... but my mom always seemed to grieve my sister Joanie.

We are on cd10 and gearing up for OPK's and TTCSex this month. I wish that I was feeling better... the clomid is really kicking my butt this month.

Th-Th-Th-That's all folks...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sporty said...

Sorry your kids didn't win the competition, but I am glad that the benefit went great! I wish I could have been there to hear you sing.

Good luck on the TTC sex and try to enjoy it.

Take care and thinking about you.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I am in charge of the student council at my school and we recently started the "Pennies for Patients" drive for the Leukemia Society. It is a great cause and it is so nice to hear how well your event did!

Hope this month goes by quickly and we get some great news!

(*As a quick note, my friend's sister just got pregnant on her third month of Clomid after a year of TTC, so good things do happen!)

6:55 AM  
Blogger Heather P. said...

Sorry you didn't win but it sure was fun getting there! That is what is really important - having fun - No matter what we are doing.
I would have loved to been apart of a benefit like that (I can't sing would have scared them all off LOL) Sounds wonderful though
Good luck and lots of baby dust to you for this month

5:42 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Just looking at your chart - did you ovulate already?!?! Your temps are on the up and up!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are Looking for Prom Gowns, Prom Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Bridal Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses and Flower Girl Dresses, you're at the right place. We provide links to online dresses stores where you will find what you need for the prom, wedding or any party at all!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here