Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 08, 2007

cd 1

blah....

I have some thinking to do...

Today is cd 1. I saw the doctor yesterday and I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Nothing to serious but I am on antibiotics for the next 10 days and they gave me some heavy duty night time cough medicine with codeine (yay!). So hopefully I will be feeling normal again soon...

Of course AF started today... which means I have to decide what I am going to do this cycle. That would mean a doctor appointment tomorrow and that means cd 14 (and possible IUI) would fall right on Thanksgiving. I know... that sucks. I also have to factor in that I will be on antibiotics for the first 10 days of my cycle... although the doctor assured me that it was ok. I could just save the approx. $875 this month and try au natural. I am inclined to skip this month because of all the holidays and the show I start directing on Saturday. Life really gets in the way of all this infertility stuff.... It just sucks ass. I feel like I never know what the next step is... and that is really frustrating... I guess I could just ask to do a clomid only cycle and you know... have sex... What do you guys think???

I did have a very nice birthday. My mom sent me a lovely necklace and a check to go shopping. My brother called and sang happy birthday to me, my co-teacher bought me some lavender crocs... which I looove!!! My students gave me cards and flowers, a Starbucks gift card and my varsity class even had a cake for me! My dad forgot to call... (typical) my brother called him at 9:30 last night to "remind" him about my birthday (at my request)... and then he called... I just didn't want it to be awkward when he realized that he missed my birthday (again).... he never knew that I was behind the "reminder call". My wonderful husband had a really nice stereo system put into my new car... it has bluetooth and a jack for my mp3 player along with all the other bells and whistles that I don't understand yet. He also have me a spa certificate that I can't wait to use on a massage as soon as I stop coughing. His card was so beautiful... it was white and silver with Cinderella's carriage on the front... so so pretty.

Off to work... I have some decisions to make about this cycle.

why can't this be easy?

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I use to take a lot of time off between fertility treatments. Mostly because it becomes too exhausting to think about it every month. Sometimes it's nice just to have a break and feel like a normal person for awhile and think about something else. Sometimes I'd just do the clomid and then at least I felt like I was "doing something". Good luck with whatever you decide!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your decision. I'll be thinking of you!

5:27 AM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

I hope you get to feeling better. I also wanted to chime in, there is no harm in sitting out one onth - unless it harms your mental state. If you need to feel like you are doing something, I'd call your dr and see what they suggest

5:57 AM  
Blogger Angi said...

I think taking off a month sounds like a lovely break. After all, you can do a clomid cycle when you have "time" - you have your plan in place for when you're ready to resume. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. And chosing to do nothing still being in control - it's better than reacting!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I agree with everyone else - if you want to take a month off, it certainly can't hurt. It certainly makes sense to try and enjoy the holiday and see what sex does for you!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always say I want to take a month off but then I'm like "what if this was THE month it was supposed to happen?". So I understand where you are coming from. Do whatever makes you feel good!!

Oh and Happy Belated Birthday!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon you might be having a very lucky month off ... I hope that if you do have a month off you bd at the right time and get your positive. That's what I will be wishing, hoping and praying for you..
Hugs...
Lesley

3:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Been thinking about you

1:02 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Where u is? Christmas shopping this year?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wondering if you are ok?
Praying all is well.lfi

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here