Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

cd 5

Today is cd 5. I will start clomid this afternoon. The plan is a 2nd IUI this month. I haven't seen my nurse for my day 2 or 3 scan because of the holiday then school things then nurse out of town... so I will go tomorrow morning at 7:30 to make sure everything looks fine to start the clomid (that I already started the day before). This period has been normal so I think that I am ok to start. I am trying again to be positive about this cycle... but I still feel a little like a deflated balloon.

My show previews tonight. The kids have worked really hard... but for some reason I am disappointed in the way the show has come out. It is just not "there" yet. I am not sure what isn't clicking and I am trying to have faith that they just need the energy that the audience brings to them. But it is a focus thing... like sometimes their faces just look blank when they are talking instead of filled with the emotion and energy that the play demands. I am using several new actors and for many this is their first time on stage... plus I have also used some that are "really dedicated" but not "really naturally talented". The process has been pleasant and painless... but I just don't feel like the show is ready today for an audience.... and that is disappointing as a director. I need to just say "it is what it is." and help them have a great experience running their show... but I feel like I was a little to hard on them last night after our final dress rehearsal and I hope I haven't taken away some of their excitement to do the show. I hope I made them feel that they can turn this show around tonight and not like it is hopeless... I guess it is the tightrope that coaches face.... Anyway... cross your fingers and wish us "break a leg!"

The next few days will be so busy... I still have a ton to do like finish the programs, hang up their headshots, get the lobby ready, get the money for the cash box... and about a million other things before tonight..... I just wanted to give a quick post to let you know we are on to IUI #2... cross you fingers for that too.

8 Comments:

Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

good luck on the show and IUI#2.

4:56 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Break a leg! I hope the show and the cycle both turn out better than you expect.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

Break a leg! I was AD for our recent production of "To Kill a Mockingbird". I had never done that before, and it was a very different experience seeing a show from 'the other side'. Previously, I'd only been responsible for my own performance . . . now I had to worry about everyone! I finally understand your trepidations.

I hope all goes well. I'm sure the audience will inject some energy.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

On Cycle Day 3 myself. I totally hear you on the deflated balloon thing. May this cycle be it for both of us!

Good luck tonight!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Break a leg for the big night and wishing you well for the appointment.
Hugs, Lesley

1:36 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

BREAK A LEG!!! wishing the show lots of luck.
Saying lots more prayers for this cycle for you...I do hope that a few weeks from now you'll have VERY GOOD news for us.

*Hug*

9:36 AM  
Blogger Georgina said...

Hello, I haven't posted before but I do check out your blog every now and then to see how you are getting on. I thought I would share a bit of my story as I thought it might help. My husband I decided to to start a family when I was 38 and he was 32. We emigrated from the UK to Canada and for the first time we had the money and time to seriously think about it. I got pg almost straight away but discovered when I went for my scan at 10 weeks that it had stopped developing at 6 weeks. I had a D&C to remove it. A couple of months later I got pg again, this one last longer, I started spotting at 9 weeks but I had a scan and they found the heartbeat but said it was only 7 weeks. This worried me and 3 days later I lost it. Then we went though loads of tests and saw lots of doctors and we kept being told that time was not on our side. After 8 months of ttc, I started the clomid. It didn't work for the first 4 moths and we decided to go the IUI route. The month I had my appointment with the fertiltiy clinic for our IUI orientation I took one last hit of clomid and that was the month I got my BFP! I am 41 years old now and almost 6 months pg. At many points after the first 2 m/c I lost hope that we could get pg again, and if we did, that it would live. I had amnio at 15 weeks which was very scarey as I was worried about m/c but everything was fine and I am having a boy. I know how hard it is but hopefully you will just get lucky one month like we did! You still have a good number of years before you are as old as me so don't give up hope.

Georgina x

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I am terribly late but wanted to say I hope the show went fantastically!

I also hope the Clomid is going well and that the second round will be much more successful. All my fingers and toes are crossed. XOXO

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here