Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

busy... busy... busy... my fingers hurt from typing.

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I have posted...

I feel like I haven't stopped typing about myself and our lives in the past two weeks! We are almost finished with all of our homestudy documents. The questionnaire is now 34 pages and we still have about 6 questions to finish. Then I need to revise and check it all like an English teachers since most of it has been answered very "stream of consciousness". We are still waiting for a little bit of paperwork to come in the mail... previous marriage licences, Mr. D.'s college transcripts... etc... and we still need to do to the city jail to be fingerprinted. Then, we will take a 5 hour road trip to far of small town to drop off this tick binder of info. Then... we wait for the actual homestudy visit.

In the past two weeks we have told our families and many of our friends what our plans are. They have all been very supportive and are very excited for us. I have spent hours in my traditional OCD type A personality googling baby furniture and cloth diapers... but there is no way I have the guts to actually purchase anything... I guess that is what infertility does to you. Mr. D. and I also ventured into the mysterious Babies!RUs to see what all the fuss is about... and honestly I almost had an anxiety attack. I was totally overwhelmed. So I think I will wait until we are a little closer to an actual child before I make actual purchases.

There are 12 days of school left and then Mr. D. and I will get out of town around June 4h for our annual vacation. We are going to visit my mom in North Carolina and then back to the beach condo for a restful week. I start teaching again on June 19th... I am directing a theatre camp for 10 days and then teaching technical theatre a a different camp until July 10th... so the first half of my summer will be very busy.. which is why we wanted to get all this paperwork stuff done before school is out.

OK... That is my update for now. I am off to work a 14 hour day at school for the next two days because we have our final performances of the year the next two nights!

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great week.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for progress! Sounds like you're more than busy - take care of yourself! :)

6:15 AM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

Good luck with getting the paperwork in.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Hope2morrow said...

Very exciting.... Sounds like you'll be able to celebrate the paperwork completion and turning it in on your vacation! I'm glad to hear your families have been supportive; seems to make us less anxious when we know there is a support system in place!

9:16 AM  
Blogger leadustoourbaby said...

I am a long time lurker, but wanted to comment. We are just starting the process as well. good luck with all of this. I am so proud of you. How exciting!!!

PS- I had a total meltdown at the Baby'r'us. My husband and I went in there to get a shower gift for a close friend of mine. He was holding the registry and I turned to and saw the Dr. Brown bottles I so desperately wanted to use. I started bawling- and I mean hysterically! My Husband took me to the car and went back in. He purchased something from the registry and even wrapped the gift at the little wrapping station. He is a real trooper.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

Reading this blog today made me smile! You are getting closer to your dream, I am happy for you!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Congratulations on being so close to having your homestudy finished. Take a tip from me though: less is more when it comes to your homestudy. Be honest, but don't elaborate if you don't have to. I ended up in a total panick when I wrote (very matter of factly) that my father had committed suicide when I was 6 and I had been in a mildly abusive relationship when I was in HIGH SCHOOL (I was about 32 at the time of my homestudy) and since I hadn't gotten counseling I had to see a counselor of their choice and needed a letter in writing that I was fit to parent a child....so so stressful and horrible.

If I could do it again, I would have only answered exactly what they asked and not been OVERLY honest. They really only want to know that you aren't a freak or have something majorly wrong with you or in your past.

Good luck!!!

Tracy
Lucky AP x 2

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's all on the go.. Then the waiting will be hard, hey..
So glad you get to have a bit of a holiday, it sounds like you need one.
Break a leg, if you know what I mean
Hugs,
Lesley

10:52 PM  
Blogger Kir said...

awesome, it sounds like things are going along just the way they should be. The vacation will be a nice get away and then when you get home I hope it won't be long before you are walking into Babies R Us with a nice big list because your baby is coming home. I will waiting to hear all about it.
Good luck with the end of the year !!

3:59 AM  
Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

Babies R Us does it every time!

2:45 PM  
Blogger millie said...

Wow! So much progress. Doesn't it feel good? If you think it's weird writing so much about yourself now, wait until you read about yourselves in the homestudy.

Hope the rest of school passes quickly and you have a great vacation.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Trinka said...

I look forward to hearing how it goes!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I am so glad to hear that all is going well with this process.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Hi Mrs. D - I just discovered your blog and could relate on so many levels. I found myself going back and reading most of your archived blogs, as well. Hubby and I have been on this roller coaster for more than 7 years. I too am a teacher and actress. Though I haven't done much of either since we recently relocated to a new state. We have endured, 4 months of Clomid, 4 fresh IVF cycles, 1 frozen cycle, Chinese herbal "tea" and acupuncture, our latest and probably last (April) IVF cycle using younger donor eggs, 3 miscarriages and still no baby. Thank you for sharing your journey. I wish you all the best on your quest toward creating your family. We have gone to some adoption meetings/classes. Hubby is not sure he is comfortable with adoption. So we will see how our journey ends. Unfortunately, for me I am over 40 so with out donor eggs it is not looking too good for me to be a mom unless I can convince Hubby that adoption will be ok for us. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for being so open and honest about your experiences. It helps to read that someone is having similar thoughts and feelings as me. Again, good luck, I hope your baby arrives to you soon.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here