Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 08, 2008

In other words...

Sorry for the uber-dramatic last post...
I really am ok.

I just don't exactly know how to take the next step... which I think it adoption.

I will see my doctor on Monday for the first time since November... I need and annual visit and I need him to either refill my Met or take me off of it... I actually think that it is doing pretty good things for my body so I like it. I also am getting my Lexapro refilled (which, by the way, has been a saving grace for me). I will sort of discuss the "next steps" with him.... which should be surgery or IVF if I were to continue with my fertility options.

It is so easy to get sidetracked during the school year from making any decisions... I am so busy... and tired... and the holidays... and my work productions... that it is easy to just put things on hold year after year... but I think it is time. I think this is our summer to make the hard decisions... so please keep Mr. D. and I in your prayers.

OK... just wanted you to know that I am not going to be jumping off any bridges... today. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Jamie,
I started reading you after my first miscarriage in 05, Three miscarriages later, I am still reading and hoping for you. While I am happy you are considering adoption, I am sorry you haven't been able to have a baby of your "own".
Melissa

7:46 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

You and Mr. D are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

I will say a prayer that everything falls into place, and the decisions you have to make come easy!
~Heather

5:44 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Glad you won't be jumping off any bridges, and wishing you peace in your upcoming decisions. I hope it feels like a brand new start to be taking the next step.

Bea

3:20 AM  
Blogger Char said...

Making the decision to take "the next step" is never easy. It made me feel like I was "giving up" when I had to take the decision. But I just knew I couldn't carry on the way I was, and that taking a decision was actually giving myself permission to let go for a while. We have since climbed back on the ttc wagon. But I don't regret leaving all treatments for a year. It helped me to regain some perspective.

That was just me though.

There is nothing that any one of us could say that would make the decision easier for you.

Wishing for a baby of your own is not something unnatural. Or wrong. And that's what makes it even more difficult to let go of the dream...

I will definitely be thinking of you!

Please know that there are many of us out here who understand. And who are rooting for you every step of the way!

6:23 AM  
Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

Hi I've been lurking for a while and I'm sorry for what you're experiencing. I wish you the best.

5:31 PM  
Blogger SassyCupcakes said...

I'm so sorry you've found yourself at this point. Making the decision is not at all easy.

For me, it's actually been a relief to move towards adoption. It feels a lot more tangible than never ending BFN's. I'm also continuing to take Metformin. It works for me.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here