Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

paperwork... check.

Paperwork is done!!! (OK.. almost done... I still have to proof a few things and photocopy everything for our records... but we are soooo close to done paperwork I can taste it!)




Mr. D. and I went to the beautiful Japanese Gardens in town and worked on the last few questions on Saturday... we are fingerprinted... all of the financial stuff is gathered... we have put together a few photos for the agency... and we have the most organized color coded and tabbed binder in the world.


We will be taking a road trip on Friday to "small town 5 hours away" to meet the people at the agency that will be handling our adoption... did you see that I just typed "our adoption" like it might actually be happening. So.. there should be pictures and stories coming from our trip.


There are 5 days of school left.. actually four since I am taking off on Friday... then we will leave town for two weeks on vacation on the 30th (only 9 days away!) We are going to North Carolina to visit my mom... Savannah, Georgia for a couple of days in a fun new city... then to our yearly beach condo trip for a week of pure bliss in the sand! When we come back I hope they will be ready to do the home portion of our homestudy... then I will teach (2) two week theatre camps and spend the rest of the summer resting... gym-ing... and trying to be patient.


The other small news is that Mr. D. and I bought something for the room that will someday be called the nursery but is now called the "sitting room". We found a small wardrobe and record cabinet on Craig*s L!st for only $60. Imagine them totally refinished.. probably white shabby chic style. The wardrobe will be for clothes since there is no closet in the room we don't call a nursery and the record cabinet will be a perfect changing table / toy box once we change to safety hinges and refinish. It will be a nice summer project for Mr. D. and I when we are trying not to spend money on the long summer days off.




Things are getting exciting... Am I moving to fast? Sometimes I get so nervous that this isn't real. But it feels so great to have a plan... so right now... while I am feeling hopeful... we are starting to plan like there might actually be a baby in that room we don't call a nursery.




9 Comments:

Blogger F.M. said...

I am SOOO excited for you! Once the paperwork is done - do you then just wait? Or is there more? It seems like once the paperwork has been done, accepted, etc., you can honestly say you have a baby on the way (and should go ahead and start parking in the "expectant mothers" space at BRU, IMO!)! That furniture will be perfect for its intended future use, and will be a wonderful project to undertake while you wait. Congrats!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Linda S said...

I am so excited for you. I don't know if you can see it, but even your posts show the change in you, the barely-contained happiness that's coming through, the hope. I'm praying for you and hoping your wait is short and sweet.

If you don't mind me asking, did you decide to go with an open adoption, partially open, closed? What made you decide one way or another?

5:50 AM  
Blogger Ms. J said...

It's so good to hear your excitement about this new journey . . . I remember all too well the paperwork milestones and how we celebrated each one, just like a pregnant women might celebrate a good doctor appointment. Our ritual was to get Chinese takeout and have a good glass of wine (see, another benefit of pursuing parenthood sans pregnancy, hee hee!)

6:40 AM  
Blogger Piccinigirl said...

OH wow, I am so happy for you. I feel so excited myself.
The paperwork being done is just the first step toward a dream come true. Enjoy that last vacation as just two people, because I have a feeling the next time you travel after this there will be a little one with you.
I don't think you are going too fast at all, I think that you should do all you feel in your heart.Allow yourself to feel excitement about what is to come.
the furniture is perfect and beautiful, it will look gorgeous in that room when it's finished.

HAVE LOTS OF FUN the next few weeks, can't wait to see pics of all your adventures. I'm thinking of you and wishing you ALL GOOD THINGS. SO EXCITED For you.

*hug*

7:18 AM  
Blogger Hope2morrow said...

How exciting! I hear the paperwork for adoption is overwhelming, so that's great you all completed it so quickly!

Have a blast on your vacations, and make sure to take lots of pictures!

11:23 AM  
Blogger alicia said...

yay! i found your blog through the lost and found. Its so great you are moving forward with the adoption process. Its so exciting hey! I can hardly wait for our little ones to be here to :)

2:29 PM  
Blogger Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

It feels great to have a plan and I am very excited for you!

Thinking of you guys and have fun!!!! Woo-hoo! Congrats!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, it's going along at just the right pace... I hope you realize it might be the last vacation without a baby :-).. Now that is really exciting when you think about it, hey...
So happy for you both.
oh and I love the furniture, it's something like I've always dreamed about owning...
Luv'N'Hugs,
Lesley

11:08 PM  
Blogger Char said...

Hey! Just popping by again to see if you'd posted any news about your meeting in "five hours away town". Hope it went well! And also wanted to say I LOVE the dressers and other pieces you bought for the "sitting room" / "baby room". Yay! SO exciting!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here