Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

just a little to do list... probably not that interesting for reading... but a sanilty saver for me.

Edited on Tuesday...
Edited on Sunday... more accomplished... more to do!
What we are doing to get ready...

Done...
-dress for shower (but I am not super sure I love it)
-luggage pulled out to pack grab and go bag
-bought 10 -bamboo and hemp gflappers for our trial at cloth diapering
-3 1/2 weeks of sub plans done.. 2 1/2 more weeks to go
-bought 3 new zip up hoodies, 2 t-shirts and 1 new pair of sweats for travel
-bought a new pair of chucks... I just really wanted some chucks
-practiced making pink cupcakes for shower (we are doing the cupcakes and our friends are doing everything else for the Cocktails & Cupcakes shower on the 21st)
- picked out a nice piece of jewelry with symbolic meaning to give birthmom... plus a matching one for me and one for later for Finley
- Cleaned out freezer of too old breastmilk
- Cleaned out both cars
- Cleaned out closet in the extra bedroom... so we have more storage room
-Took Truman to the groomers
- purchased 4 new tires for my car $475- yuck!!!
- got car inspected
- re-organized some of the baby drawers
- washed 1 load of baby stuff & folded
- 1 hot wash for the g-flappers
- updated baby website w/ pictures of new aquistitions
- installed car seat... but I think it is in funky... get it checked this week!
- cut up cotton flannel to make 20 cloth wipees.
- bought 72 swaddlers disposable diapers for $19... became convinced that we want to use cloth!
- called for a new (unexpired) collection kit from Viacord
-Picked up 2nd (unused) car seat base from friend

-Taught theatre kids how to do their own make up for competition
-Taught co-teacher how to tech the show without me
- Last minute touches on the set
- 1/2 packed my bag
- Talked birthmother in to packing her bag after a trip to the hospital on Sunday night and an injection to stop preterm labor contractions

To Do over spring break
- clean the entire house
- purchase a new pair of jeans
- wash gflapper inserts 3 more times to improve absorbency
- finish packing our grab and go bags
- pack Finn's grab bag
-take car to a certified car seat inspector
-Teach cat not to sleep in the crib... yeah right...
- get a hostess gift for shower hostess
- 2 1/2 more weeks of sub plans
- get sub arranged

So much to do... this is so fun and exciting and scary!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger SassyCupcakes said...

Looks like you're all organised. :)

1:37 AM  
Blogger The Swann's said...

Your list looks great! :-)

I'm very curious how your go with the gflappers is as I really want to cloth diaper and not sure where to start! :-)

Cannot wait to hear that everything is checked off and Finn is on her way!!! :-)

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so how are you going with the pumping?

Was the birthmum facinated that you wanted to breastfeed Finn? I know I am =)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Personally? I would de-prioritise washing those cloth nappies. With a newborn, absorbency isn't your big issue, and they'll get their three washes soon enough. From experience.

Bea

3:03 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

wow, I needed you two years ago..in fact I still need you!!! LOL

good job sweetie, don't worry you'll get it all done.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You forgot one really important thing.....sit back, and take in this wonderful moment...you are a mama!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you need to relax. This may be one of the few weeks left that you get to have some "you" time. Take advantage of it!! Get your nails done, etc. Enjoy this time little momma!
Oh and what is the baby website? Have I missed that on here?

10:09 AM  
Blogger RB said...

baby website????

Are we missing that?

You are doing great! Keep up the organization :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger ViaCord Customer Service said...

Hi! My name is Bukola and I’m in the Customer Support Dept at ViaCord. I’d love to help you shorten your “to do” list. Please send me an email with your contact info to badegoke@viacord.com. I will make sure a new kit is shipped out to you as soon as possible.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Linda S said...

Oh, this is all SO exciting!!!!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I thought the same thing...Baby Website?

Also out tin foil in the crib and the cat will not go near it!!!!

I am sooo happy for you!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here