Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Inconceivable....

What an ironic name for a show that is about infertility AND makes absolutely no sense compared to reality...

Where is this "clinic compound"... that seems to be part RE office, part hospital, part counseling center, part adoption center, part lab, and then... part gym for apparently all women 6+ months pregnant and gay guys???

As far as the inaccuracies... there are to may to count...

No talk of betas... just a blood test and then a meeting with the dr. to tell you that you are NOT pg.... Isn't that ALWAYS a short phone call from a nurse? Don't these women know about HPT's??? They go to the (VERY EXPENSIVE) RE for a blood test IN PERSON and WAIT there for the RESULTS????

The nurse stealing the RE's sperm during a tryst??? ummm... I think he *might* notice that huge collection cup in your hand.

The receptionist that wants to suddenly adopt... with a few w-2 forms, work history, and cutting back on stuff like cable so she can afford it? Oh.. is that all you have to do????

The conversation about "what will you name your baby IF you have one" conversation from the RE to the infertiles??? Who would do that???

It seems like this is the wonderful world of infertility here... where money is no object and insurance companies pay for everything....

I counted about 5 "moving musical montages"... ummm... run out of plot?

And now a secret "procedure" that will help the infertiles that have done 3 IVF cycles.

OK.. I can't WAIT to read your reviews!!!

Leave your "inaccuracies" below to form a giant list!

Now I know why my Mom, who was an emergency room nurse, could never watch ER.

(Ok.. I am not saying I am not going to watch more episodes... it is sort of like a train wreck... I just can't turn away!!!)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You summed up the show very well. I think it won't do a thing to help the image of the infertile population one wit!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...I have the same script running at my blog presently. All calls coming into my house today were from outraged infertiles speaking in horrific terms. But, we are all tuning next week. Parties are forming of infertiles across the land.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Crud, I missed it last night. For some reason I thought it started next week. I know that it is a train wreck. I don't know if I'll have to down a glass of wine before I watch it...

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was strangely bemused. It was so much worse than I ever imagined it could be. Talk about pushing the melodramatic envelope... "I want to use another man's sperm...my husband never has to know."

Patti
http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com/maternal_instinct

5:35 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Crap I miss it! Hmm... I wonder if I can download it?!?! LOL

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I loved the pool of Grecian-Goddess pregnant women (where were the harps & grapes?) ...and the creepy stalking gay man. I know, I know, he's the baby's parent, but he was still creepy as hell.

I really freaking hated that show.

5:10 PM  
Blogger PIJill said...

I couldn't watch! It is just going to make trying to talk to people in my life about this subject THAT MUCH HARDER.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Akeeyu has a post up about our IM session and thoughts on this show. Loathed it. And I couldn't even stand to watch it. My information all comes from Akeeyu telling me what's happening. I just couldn't watch it, or I'd shoot out my t.v.

This is the kind of crap that continues to fuel ignorance. Can't have kids? Well then, you can just adopt. You'll have a baby in no time....just like they did on t.v. Grrrr.

Next week, Akeeyu and I are going to watch it together with lots of wine, food and nerf balls.

Emily

7:55 PM  
Blogger Heather P. said...

I decieded not to watch. I have lived it and I don't want to see what people who haven't been thru it think!!

My dad was a cop and wouldn't let us watch chips cause of inaccuracies so I figure the same.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Jamie, I watched about the first half hour and then turned it off...I was disgusted. It was total crap. The whole show was so unreal, I can't belive they have story enough for the whole season...hope you are doing well.
Heather M.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

Damn...you mean to tell me that CHiPS was inacurate?

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here