Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Highs and Lows...

High and low points from today's doctor visit...

HIGH - The nurses all know me and are always really sweet and greet me like I am their long lost sister... sort of like used car salesmen do.

LOW - weighing on the doctor scale.. a full 3 pounds heavier than mine at home and mine said a whopping 156 today.

LOW - Dr. Asshole looked at my chart and said "hmmm... this is strange... what happened in June?" You mean you don't remember me leaving your fucking office sobbing????

HIGH - Dr. gave me another prescription for Met... So I don't "have to see him (or any other doctor for 5 months... (yeah right..)

HIGH - Talking to Dr. A. about the sucky infertility non-coverage that I have... He chatted about how much insurance sucks for a good 10 minutes... made him seem much more human...

HIGH - Dr. A. ordered all the bloodwork I wanted done...

LOW - When he PINCHED ME you-know-where with that stupid speculum!

HIGH - He said he didn't feel any big cysts...

LOW - With PCOS I wouldn't have big cysts... I would have lots of little ones... He said it was possible that I "probably" had small ones... but didn't feel a u/s was necessary.

LOW - When he said he is not convinced that I am ovulating... why??? The OPK's and now the trouble with the MM...

LOW/HIGH - When he told me to quit using the progesterone supplements... He feels that they are making my cycle to long and would rather me start them after I do a blood draw immediately following a BFP. Low... what if I really NEED them to get through the first 2 weeks of pregnancy??? High - no more gooey panties, headaches, fatigue, and fake pregnancy symptoms, and long periods waiting for AF...

PEAK - When he agreed with me that we still have never come to a conclusion by ultrasound that I am not ovulating. He said to call on the first day of my period and we would monitor on cd 13 and try to really see what is going on and we would code it as PCOS related and not infertility... I am actually considering taking him up on this offer... even though his name IS Dr. Asshole and I have "fired" him about four times....

So.. What do you think???

For Em and Sheryl who left comments on my last entry... I had a really hard time starting Met (you can read my back blogs starting April 25... it was quite a saga...) Once I got up to over 1000 mg a day I was really miserable... I didn't have much of the bowel issues... just EXTREME nausea and fatigue... After about a month I finally found out on line about Met ER (extended release).... My nausea cleared up almost immediately and now I am taking 2000 mg every night before I go to bed and it rarely bothers me... unless I over eat carbs. (I also take 150 mg of Zantac each day to help with the terrible heartburn I was having... and that really helped. I have not lost weight on Met... in fact I have gained... I am not sure why... except that my body tends to do the opposite of what everyone else's does... I found www.soulcysters.com to be a huge help for info on what to expect on Met. Hope this helps and answers some of your questions... Good Luck!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

Jamie,
I am glad that you talked to Dr Asshole about the insurance, I know that a lot of Doctors will try to work around your insurance.
I would take him up on the offer to do the ultrasound to see if he can see about you ovulating.
I am glad that it went well.
Jenna

7:07 PM  
Blogger Heather P. said...

Jamie,
You need to definetely see if you are o'ing or not. Take the DR up on the offer. My DR also files in ways to get the insurance companies to pay!!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

If Dr. Asshole is going to offer a u/s and get it paid for, take him up on it. I am glad that a portion of your visit was on the high end.

Hope you have a nice long weekend. Take care and I hope to talk to you soon! Thinking of you.

4:04 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Jamie - I am glad there were some highs in your appointment and that you will be getting your U/S this month - what a 180 this doctor seems to have done - IN June he was definately a much bigger Asshole!!!

Keep us posted.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

I need to check out this extended release metformin. The nausea is killing me!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Jamie,

All in all I think it was a pretty productive appt. He still seems so blase but at least he's willing to monitor you and do a little bit more in depth analysis...that's always a plus.Working around your insurance is a definate plan and if he's willing to do that, I say go for it...you certainly have nothing to lose.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Sounds like the highs outweigh the lows. Definitely have him do the u/s. Let's see if after that he can bill other things as PCOS instead of IF. I know it is a long and frustrating process but hang in there.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here