Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2007

Sometimes nice things happen...

Mr. D. and I have been invited to a gala for a regional theatre. We have a very wealthy friend who bought a table for... get this... wait for it... $10,000. TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!

The gala is tomorrow night and includes cocktail hour, dinner, a concert by broadway legend Mandy Patink!n, a silent auction that includes things like jet fuel and first class trip around the world, and then dessert and dancing... I am so excited. I have a couple of dresses that I could wear but the dress is "cocktail casual" so I am a bit confused on what the heck that means at such an exclusive event. Is black ok??? I may go out tonight or tomorrow morning an look for another option... not sure.

The dresses that I am deciding between are a black low cut knee length dress... it is very low... almost belly button low... and I am not sure it is appropriate for a dinner event (It is more an "on stage" dress or a fancy concert dress.)
I also have a yellow dress that is cut a lot like the famous Marilyn Monroe "subway blows it up" dress... but it sort of looks a little young and it is lemon yellow which could be a bit overpowering. The third is a black and white number that would be perfect... but I wore it last month to an opening night event with many of the same people in attendance.

So I am excited... but confused...
Give me some suggestions on "cocktail casual"... feel free to send pictures... but remember I am a size 10 with boobs... so nothing to clingy!!!!

I think I starting to feel the lexapro kicking in... things feel like they are getting a little better.

8 Comments:

Blogger I_Sell_Books said...

Um, pictures please!? Because there's nothing like living vicariously through other people. :P

5:43 AM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

Dillards has great cocktail dresses on their website. I have had some great luck there - have a blast!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

This is the dress I wore to a formal wedding in May:

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/kmrozinski/_5136000.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/kmrozinski/_5270264.jpg[/IMG]

Would that work? My color underneath was a copper color though. I bought it at Nordstrom on sale so that made me happy.

Good luck with finding something!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Sorry! the pics didn't show up! Here are the links:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/kmrozinski/_5136000.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e231/kmrozinski/_5270264.jpg

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been to a cocktail party before so I wanna hear all the details if you want to share them after your back from the big event. I read your last entry and I want to say no matter what you do and what happens I will be thinking of you and sending all my positive energy (if I have any in me)I hope you have a fantastic time and that right now you continue to feel better within yourself.
Hugs and luv from me to you.
Lesley

8:55 PM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

It sounds like so much fun!!! I don't have any dress suggestions though! Let us know how it went and I want to see some pictures too!! Went to Spamalot last weekend, it was a blast!!!!!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Well, how was it?

Guess what? I'm finally doing a show again. I'm sooooooo excited.

4:02 PM  
Blogger zbayardo said...

wow...that sounds fancy and fun!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here