Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We interrupt our wonderful vacation for some fabulous news!!!

OUR HOME STUDY IS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 20th!!!! YAY!!!!!

We will arrive home on the 15th and have 5 days to whip the house into shape and get ready!
I am thrilled and just can't wait!!!

Our vacation is going great! I have so much to share... but just have been to lazy to post! The first 5 days were spent with my mom in North Carolina... we window shopped at every baby store within 30 miles! Which was so fun because I may not see my mom again before we have a baby. I was very hesitant to allow here to buy anything... but I did come away with 3 onsies and 7 pairs of socks that look like Mary Jane's... so the girl won't be totally naked!!! When things feel right I will register and then mom can go crazy with the MasterCard if she wants...

We also spent 2 nights in Savannah... one of my new favorite cities... so rich in history and tragedy! We took a twilight carriage ride through the city and heard ghost stories, ate at Paula Dean's LADY AND SONS, did the hop on and off trolley tour, and stopped in the most beautiful church in the world and lit a candle for our daughter. It was so romantic and sweet! We also ate two of the biggest chocolate covered strawberries in the world... I am not kidding... they were the size of my fist!!!!

Now we are at the beach... our beautiful condo in Seaside, Florida.... well ... not "ours" be we rent it every year so it feels like ours. The days are the same as always.. beach... nap... eat.. makeout...coffee... beach... dinner... shop... then fall exhausted into bed. This time we rented bikes to we ride the 1 1/2 miles to Seaside and back... it feels good to get a little exercise before eating a huge burger and banana split!

So that is it in a nutshell... we have 3 more days on the beach then home. But we are excited to get to because we have a home study. Then Mr. D. will leave for 4 whole weeks to do a show in Houston and I will drive up on weekends when I am not teaching at my two summer theatre camps.

I will post more pictures of vacation soon... but now I am off to the beach!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kellie with an "ie" said...

So glad that you are having a wonderful vacation. I too love Savannah and your descriptions made me want to go back soon. Have a safe trip home and good luck with the fist home study visit! You'll do great.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

it sounds like HEAVEN, and I am so glad you are having an amazing time!

I am so excited for your home study and how fast things seem to be going,I hope it continues and soon you are holding the daughter you dream of.

many, many hugs.

and hey, read a book and look out at the ocean for me ok?

6:04 AM  
Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

It's sounds very nice and deserving. I'm very happy for you both.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

Congrats Jamie! That is wonderful news! I can't wait to hear about the homestudy and see some pics of your vacation.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation! BTW, I am really jealous about you eating at Paula Deans. I bet it was wonderful!

Take care.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Frenchie said...

That is so exciting to have your homestudy "on the books"!

I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation. You sound so happy and upbeat. I'm really thrilled for you!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Malloryn said...

It sounds like you're having a great vacation. Congrats on having your home study scheduled. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

I am so happy for you! You seem like you are in a really good happy place! How exciting. It will be no time until you hold your baby girl, YAY!!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Char said...

mOh yay!!! Have you noticed how much happier your blog posts are in the last while? I'm so happy for you, Mrs D! And, I totally understand your hesitation to go and stock up your nursery "before the time"...

But, yay! Your home study is just a few days away already. Soooo excited with you!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

Good luck tomorrow! You and Mr. D. will do great.

Thinking of you....

8:16 AM  
Blogger Kellie with an "ie" said...

Good luck on your home study today! Thinking of you!

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here