Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

It's today!!!

UPDATE - 10:45 pm
To tired to write the whole story.. but WE ARE APPROVED!!! Our social worker stayed for 5 1/2 hours and most of that was just chit chat! Nothing hard... nothing weird... Just like dinner with a friend.. ok... a friend who is REALLY interested on your views on parenting.

Now we just wait for him to prepare our paperwork and sign off on his report! The paperwork and home study hurdles have been jumped... More details later...

So so so so so tired!

Zzzzzzzzz.....

Our home study is today sometime between 3:00 - 4:00!!!! I am so excited!

The only downer is that we had arranged for a cleaning service to come in and do the basics so we wouldn't have to worry about bathrooms and dusting window sills etc... but they called yesterday and cancelled because of an emergency... so we will be cleaning our own house... just like we usually do! Bummer!

Here is the plan for the day...

Morning:
Mr. D. works (he has a voice over for cartoon netw*rk)
Me - clean bathrooms... baseboards... and dust and polish the furniture... make iced tea!

Afternoon:
Mr. D. - grocery shops (Our new bff the social worker is joining us for dinner!)... Cleans cat hair off the upholstery (pray our bff doesn't wear black trousers!)... Vacuums and mops. Preps for dinner.
Me - Go teach at my theatre camp... TRY to focus

I will finish at 2:45 and rush home... hopefully I will have time to change and fix makeup before the doorbell rings! (I am really hoping he arrives closer to 3:45 or 4:00... but we can't count on that!

On the menu:
coffee or iced tea when he arrives
dinner: 5:30 pm
ravioli with vodka sauce (thank you C*stco)
some veggie... maybe a grilled mix
Italian bread with olive oil and dipping spices
for dessert... whatever looks pretty at Centa*l M*rket
a nice red wine... only if bff accepts the offer first...
iced tea and coffee

I am nervous... but I don't know why. I feel great about our home... especially since the "room that might be a nursery" is looking almost like a full fledged nursery... complete with crib bedding rocker... everything! I am very secure about our relationship. I know we will make great parents and that our home is warm and filled with love... So what am I nervous about? EVERYTHING!!! Will we say the wrong thing??? will our bff decide we are to happy as a couple and don't need a baby??? What if he hates our house??? What if he thinks three kitties and a pup are way to many animals around??? What if our pets misbehaved and he thinks we have no control over the living things in our house??? arrrggghh.. What if he is allergic to cats??? What if he stands up and there is cat hair on his black trousers??? What if I burn up the whole dinner??? What if he just doesn't like us??? There are so many things floating through me head today.

Just pray for us today.

It is 8:10... a great time for me to start scrubbing bathrooms!

23 Comments:

Blogger Mrs.X said...

I bet you guys will do just fine! And, I would recommend having a lint remover handy in case your BFF does in fact sit in cat hair.

Best of luck!

5:38 AM  
Blogger JW Moxie said...

I can't wait to read all about your update! What an exciting day for you today! How soon will you hear about how your homestudy went?g

6:06 AM  
Blogger SachaB said...

You guys will be great. I have done home studies for a long time and perfection is not expected, in fact, a little bit of reality is preferred!Good luck and can't wait to hear all about it.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, it sounds like you're nesting already! :) Things will work out perfectly, I can just feel it. Lots of luck today!

6:15 AM  
Blogger twinboysmom said...

Good luck! You guys will be fine! Can't wait to read all about it!! Thinking of you guys today!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

You are going to do great! I am really looking forward to hearing all about it.

Take care!

8:50 AM  
Blogger M said...

I have been lurking here for a while. I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK!!!!

I love reading your blog, and I can't wait for an update!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

GOOD LUCK today sweetie. I know you're going to do so well. Who wouldn't be impressed with both of you.

Dinner sounds divine? Expect me for leftovers at 8pm? :)

GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK(Break a leg in your world)

11:46 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Nerves are normal, I'm sure, and mixed in with all of the excitement of getting closer to your dreams. This is my first time commenting after reading this blog for the past several months. I'm waiting for the update as well. There's a lucky kid out there, waiting for you!

1:35 PM  
Blogger greyladybg said...

What a great thing to be nervous about! It will go great and hopefully soon you will have that daughter in your arms!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Leslee said...

I hope that you are having a very nice dinner right this moment. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear how it went!!!!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

That is fantastic. Prayers for the visit and can't wait to hear how it went!

3:47 AM  
Blogger millie said...

So glad it went so well! I knew it would. Don't you feel incredibly accomplished? Yay!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Amber (EyesofAmber) said...

Congratulations! I know you're super excited. It's all over now but the waiting....

12:47 PM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

Of course you got approved!! That's wonderful! Congrats!

11:26 AM  
Blogger The Beauty Junkie said...

Good luck and of course you'd be approved. You seem like a nice lady that would make a great mom.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Jamie, you and Mr D did so well with the visit and were approved because you are good, kind, caring people who will make great parents. Simple as that..
Hugs to you both..
Luv Lesley

10:42 PM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I am so happy to hear that it went well! I hope that you are holding your sweet little girl in your arms before you know it.

Take care!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

YEAH!!! Who wouldn't love the two of you. So glad it went well.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Frenchie said...

I'm so glad it went well!! Hooray for you! That dinner sounded great.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Malloryn said...

I'm glad to hear that it went well! I hope you hear about your little girl soon :)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Congratulations!

I'm a new reader, happening upon your site while searching on "clomid challenge" and after reading that post sped through the last two years of your life in about 10 minutes, what a rollercoaster! I'm so glad for you that you will finally realize your dream of having a daughter. Your blog is an inspiration, thanks for letting us all share this with you!

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here