Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 02, 2009

Moving forward to "early summer"...

Thank you friends.

Your sweet words really helped me this week. Each time I read a new comment it made me feel more and more that I am not going through this alone... and that there are so many people out there supporting me and pulling for me in (hopefully) these last few months.

A couple of surprise good things happened this week that also helped me get out of my funkiness. First Mr. D. and I went to an incredible baby safety and CPR class. It was a private class (because no one else signed up on the night we signed up) and for $50 we spent over 3 hours talking safety and learning CPR one on one with our presenter. She is an RN and lactation consultant and owns the coolest store right near my house called http://thenestingplace.biz/ (they have great stuff and amazing sales so check out there internet store) Anyway... now I have a lactation consultant who is going to help me with this adoptive inducing lactation thing.

The other cool thing that happened this week was that my aunt and uncle bought us the cutest car seat and stroller. I had one on my registry that I sort of liked... but my aunt called and had found a design I had never seen before and wanted me to look at it because is was so "me"... and guess what she found us the PERFECT pattern! It is just adorable. So that also makes me feel more ready since it was a big purchase that we had to have (at the least the car seat) before we go to get little Finley.

I also had one major splurge latest... this totally amazing diaper bag by Amy Michelle. It was way to expensive... but I have always known that after 6 years of infertility treatments and now this adoption wait... well... I have always wanted the coolest most awesome diaper bag to carry around... So now I have it. Drool.
So... I think I am mostly pulled out of my depressed state and I am trying hard to move forward looking toward "early summer". Don't get me wrong... it still sucks... Imagine telling a woman who is 40 weeks pregnant that she has to wait another 4 months before giving birth... that is kind of how I feel. We are just so READY. But... thankfully my good friends... good family... and good fortune helped bring me back to reality and remind me that summer will come. It will. It really will.


Proof positive that I am looking forward to "early summer". I can't wait to see my little Finn finally in this dress... probably on a beach somewhere!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for smooth paths to your adoption, because Lord knows how bumpy the road of Infertility has been!
I can only imagine how excited you must be to finally get to hold YOUR DAUGHTER!
God bless, and keep the pictures coming- Baby stuff is the BEST!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger ASP said...

YAH! Super cute, super fun new things! Shopping can be so therapeutic ;D I've been following your blog for some time now and am sooooo excited for you and your hubby to bring your new bebe home! Stay positive!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Hello Kelli said...

I have been reading your blog for over a year now, since one night I googled "I hate pregnant women" lol...I was in a funk that night over my miscarriages. Although we are still not with child....I check in on your blog and am so cheering you on & wishing and hoping for you! You're nursery is out of this world, it should be featured in some kind of magazine, you are so set and ready, I just hope any day now I get on this blog and read that she is here ;) Hang in there! And thank you for sharing your journey with us!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better. Love all the new goodies, how adorable!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

A friend of mine has been waiting on China for around three years now. My heart breaks for her. I am hoping the powers that be speed things up for her and for you! Hopefully it won't be much longer.

You have some of the cutest baby gear that I've seen. She is going to have a really cool name too.

Thinking of you.

6:53 PM  
Blogger juneheller said...

I confess that I am coveting my fellow bloggers diaper bag. It's gorgeous!

I do remember you and your baby wait in my prayers. I'm glad you're feeling better. I remember the wait and it can be misery, I love reading your blog and I look forward to seeing pics of your daughter on here.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here