Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This photo is my equivalent of a positive pregnancy test result....

Do you see it???? You see it right??? After 42 days of bc pills and domperidone today was the big day! Today I ditched the bc and started pumping. This is the result of my 2nd 20 minute pumping session... you see it right??? Not just on the sides but a tiny (but VISIBLE) pool in the bottom corner... of M I L K!

Holy crap... this might work!

I am so excited!!! I feel like this is a major milestone for me!!!


So my pumping schedule is now 8-10 times a day for 20 minutes each time... whoa.. one day at a time... 6 am will be coming really early tomorrow.

I also want to thank you for all the great ideas for the Finn-ventory... If it wasn't already on the registry I added everything you suggested. So thank you for all the support and sweet words!!!

I am off to finish my glass of wine and then to bed... I have lots of milk to make!

PS... is it normal for the nipples to feel sort of bee-sting-ish... or sort of like fire at the beginning??? Yeah... you guys could have warned me about that part....


14 Comments:

Blogger BethanyWD said...

WOW! Good for you - such a commitment! Keep up the good work - whatever little Finn eventually gets is beneficial. Congrats!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

"Bee stings" might be a touch of thrush. Make sure you are rinsing and drying your nipples really well after each session. Same goes for the pump parts. A little probiotic wouldn't hurt to clear it up faster.

Congratulations!! It is awesome what are bodies can do, isn't it!! You're going to freeze all that liquid gold, right?

8:58 PM  
Blogger SassyCupcakes said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

1:56 AM  
Blogger luna said...

congratulations! So exciting!
I've been on the mess 21 days and hope to start pumping in 10 days. I'm curious--did you feel a change by 30 days or not til 42? Also, how long did it take for milk to come in after pumping?
You should be so proud!

10:28 AM  
Blogger luna said...

I meant meDs!

10:29 AM  
Blogger The Swann's said...

Oh Yippee!!!!! Beautiful MILK!!!!! :-) Are you eating lots of "breastfeeding friendly" foods??? Like the Lactate Cookies or whatever they're called??? I hear it's supposed to help supply... :-) You are officially my hero... Such committment!!!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mommy Attorney said...

Yay! Mommy milk!

The bee sting feeling could be trush, but it's probably nothing. It could be a letdown sensation - I think it feels differently for every person.

They make these reusable (up to 20 times, I think) microwave steam sterilizers for pump parts. It's really convenient for pumping at the office, and reduces your chances of thrush. I pumped for 5 months after my daughter was born, and never had thrush.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

That is great! I am so happy for you. You are doing so great!!! Keep up the good work.

Take care!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Malloryn said...

Wow, great job! This has definitely taken a lot of hard work and dedication on your part. You should be proud of yourself and what you'll be able to provide for your little girl :)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

I definitely see it!! WTG!! Keep it up!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Nurse Lochia said...

Congratulations!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Kriston said...

I'm so excited for you! Hopefully it should start coming more now that you are getting some. I only got drops at first and my husband thought I would starve my daughter but then it came. It is true about the supply verus demand theory.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breast Milk will only last 3-6 months stored in a freezer section of a refrigerator.
I found your comment about finishing your glass of wine awful
You shouldn't drink when you are breastfeeding and the same goes for when you pump breastmilk.
Women have to DUMP Their breastmilk if they've been drinking

3:19 PM  
Blogger Lovely Mine said...

This is such an inspiration to me ...In 2006 My DH & I lost our sextuplets whom were born premature....life was and is hell ,but lately we are seeing the sun shine because we are finally going to have a child in our arms. Were expecting a girl in june via adoption. My milk never came in so the fact that your able to BF is amazing I would LOVE LOVE more info if you wouldnt mind sharing shrivesdornanphotography@gmail TY & bless you and your lit perfect family

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here