Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I won a friggin Hummer last night!!!!!

Wow... Last night at the awards ceremony I was named outstanding theatre teacher in North Texas out of 121 school districts and over 250 theatre teachers. I was awarded the Hero Award which includes a $1000 honorarium and the use of a Hummer for a year! I was stunned and go to make a speech in front of about a thousand high school theatre students. It is quite an honor! I also received a beautiful engraved crystal trophy and a medal.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't know when I will get the Hummer... They want to award it to me at a pep rally at school and that probably means waiting until the next school year because there are only 6 school days left. (That is ok... because last night when I got home I looked up the gas mileage... 8 - 13 miles per gallon... sooooo... I will probably keep driving my 1999 Hyundia Tiburon.) I don't know many details about getting the vehicle yet... Mr. D. is so proud but keeps asking "Do we HAVE to take the Hummer?" I think he is worried about gas and insurance expenses!

I am excited to go to school today and share my award with my students... but I am also a little nervous about all the congratulations I will get... Accolades (especially from adults) tend to make me uncomfortable... I guess it is something I will have to get over... fast!

Tonight is our Theatre Banquet and we will be saying goodbye to all the seniors... that will be bittersweet! But celebration is in the air today so I plan to sit back and try to enjoy it!!!

On to Met news... hopefully I am not speaking to soon.. BUT... last night I took my 1500 mg dose of the MET extended release... and this morning I feel more normal than I have felt in weeks.... no nausea... no dry heaves... just... normal... I really hope this feeling will last... if it does that will be the biggest reason to celebrate!

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

De-lurking to say CONGRATULATIONS on your big win!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations! You should be very proud of this honor--it sounds like other people are recognizing you for being great at your job, always a good thing.

Any chance you could rent the Hummer weekly to students, to help pay for gas?

Good luck with the Met, too--glad it's getting a bit easier.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

OMG!!! That is amazing! How cool are you?!

4:32 PM  
Blogger JenP said...

Congrats Jamie!! My high school theatre teacher was _the_ most influential teacher I ever had and I know you've touched many lives.

Congrats on your awards and whoo hoo to the Hummer!!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I wanna teach in Texas! Good for you and way to go!!

I won "Teacher of the Year" for our school district last year and got a nifty plaque. Somehow, a Hummer sounds so much more appealing!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

OH MY GOSH JAMIE!!!! That is SO great! Congratulations!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

That is awesome Jamie...my DH would be so stoked!

I know about gas mileage in Texas though...no fun!

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Let's hope this starts a trend. It would be nice to see you come into the light again.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Congratulations! That is great news!!! Holy Hummer!

Glad to hear you are feeling better too!

3:41 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

That is so great Jamie! Congrats! Just remind Mr. D that you could be up here in Michigan where gas is so up and down it isn't even funny. A couple of weeks ago Regular was 2.43/gallon...it is down to 2.03 right now. I sure hope that lasts.

I am glad to hear that the ER Met seems to be helping. "Normal" seems to be a good thing anymore.

I am thinking about ya and CONGRATS again! I am so happy and proud to say that I know someone like you. Here's to things looking up! Enjoy the day...you deserve it.

Take care

4:02 AM  
Blogger VHMPrincess said...

Congratulations! You must post a pic of YOU driving it!

4:31 AM  
Blogger Heather P. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Take the compliments!! You deserve them!!!!

I am glad to hear the met didn't make you sick!! YEA!! I hope that it keeps up!!!!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Charles Riedmueller said...

WOW, Jamie!! That is really exciting! Many congratulations!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Congratulations! It's great that they recognized your hard work and dedication.

I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!!
The Hummer might not be practicle but it will still be fun for a little while. I would love to go off-roading in that!!!
Congrats again!

4:14 PM  
Blogger chris said...

That's really wonderful news. You sound like a great teacher.

Actually, more than the gas mileage and insurance, I would worry about the stigma of driving one--they get keyed all the time around here. Maybe sell it and set up a college fund for your future babies?! A fabulous, well-deserved trip?

Good luck with everything.

6:10 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Oops. Apparently, it's only for a year. Too bad you can't rent it out.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Kath said...

Wow, a Hummer? Oh, thats right, you live in Texas and don't need an ozone layer.

Snarkyness aside, Congratulations on your win. Pity you can't trade the Hummer in on a zippy little Ferrari! Thats what would turn heads in my country.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats! Any updates?

7:05 AM  
Blogger Lala said...

Congrats on the $1000 and the Hummer. That's a nifty reward for doing something you love.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Huge Congrats on your award Jamie!

I'm also very glad to hear the extended release met seems to be agreeing with you better.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here