Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Checking in...

News from New Mexico...

This will be a short one but I am doing fine and looking (really) forward to coming home tomorrow night!

On the TTC front - I got a high on the magic monitor on cd 11... yay... it seems to be working... I got a peak on cd 13... today... FUCK... that is 36 hours before I will be anywhere near my husband! But at least we know it is working... right... I was really surprised since all the battles I have had with OPK's never turning... but this was easy. (Thanks Jenn!)

About the conference:
I had an absolute terrible first 24 hours here... We are staying in at the United World College in the dorms and they are pretty... uhm... primal. The first night I had to change rooms because my bed was full on bugs... yep... BUGS! The food is fattening and I am pretty sure I am gaining weight (my tummy is so bloated... maybe from ovulation... but probably from fat) Now that things have settled down though.. I can honestly say I am having a decent time. The conference sessions are both maddening and inspiring. I thought I was a good teacher.. but I have met so many theatre teachers that are doing and teaching so much MORE. Oh well.. that is why I am here right... to grow... (not just my waistline).

I also got to meet wonderful Jen from FERTILITY NOW! She lives in this area and she met me at the airport and took me to lunch at the cutest little cafe! It was wonderful to meet someone in person! She is so cute and funny and really smart! We talked and talked about out uteruses (uteri?), sperm courts, IUI's, HSG's and our obsession with HTP's... you know... just the typical (infertile) girl talk. Let's all say a prayer that we hear good news from her next week about her IVF!!!

So I will be home tomorrow night and will begin to INTENSELY prepare to go back to work on the 5th... (students will come back on the 15th). I can't wait to see Mr. D... I have missed him so much.

I will post soon when I am safe at home!
I have missed you all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sporty said...

It was so good to get an update from you. I am glad that things have calmed down there and you are having a decent time. Sorry about the bugs!

I am so glad that the "magic" monitor is working for you. I always got 2 peaks on mine...so maybe you won't actually ovulate until tomorrow and you will still have a chance.

It is great that you got to meet with Jen. I am happy that you had such a nice time. Sounds like it was fun.

Well, I hope that you have a safe trip home and I look forward to hearing more from ya!

Take care and talk to you soon!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I am so happy that the monitor is working for you! That is great news! You may not have missed the window if you dance with your husband when you get home. I had mentioned to Ally that when I was trying to conceive Joey - all I did was track my temp (remember those days) and I only would dance the morning my temp rose (as you know, from what you read they always say that it is too late by then!) and I got pregnant within 3 months of using this method (Ok - so it didn't work this time around).
My point is that the first peak day on the monitor may not be the day you ovulate - so you still have time!

Bugs in the bed are just gross! Have a good one!

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck, bugs. Yep,I am waiting for the 15th too, that is when our schools go back. This will be my first year teaching (an 8th grade writing class) I am kinda nervous b/c I just do not know what to expect from this age group. Shoudl be fun though.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Jamie,

I'm hoping that you still have time to BD with hubby. I never had any luck with those OPK's either so this is definately a good step...

I'm glad you're coming home...I missed ya.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here