Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Infertility... something to sing about?

Adding 3 more to the Fashion show.... and then there were 8.... (YAY... Faith, Ollie, and Joie)There is still time to participate in the 2ND ANNUAL INFERTILE BLOGGIRL ENGAGEMENT RING FASHION SHOW... scroll down for all the info to get all the details!

OK... You KNOW that I am a musical theatre person. In fact... Musical theatre is what I do best both in performing and in directing. 'I heard about INFERTILITY: THE MUSICAL THAT'S HARD TO CONCEIVE months ago and scoffed at it. In my mind I imagined it as just another insensitive crack at making infertility funny. Now.. I have not seen the musical... but thanks to Joie I visited the official site and the INCIID site to read a review and... it actually seems to have some poignant and very heartfelt moments. IF you like musical theatre you may actually find this one touching. IF you hate musicals.. then you probably will not like this one either...

Here is the review on INCIID... I actually listened to the audio clip of the song "If I had you" and was a puddle by the end... Now.. I often cry at "lack of baby" stuff... but I found this very sweet. In fact.. the more I listen to it... the more I like it.

Here is the official site... The audio montage is actually kind of cute...It is several clips of songs... My favorite clip "Sperm in my pocket" about a husband taking his sample to the RE. Yes it is silly... but maybe... JUST MAYBE.. there is enough understanding in this show to get our story into the public.

I hope I don't have to eat these words later when I see the show or hear the whole cd...

I am anxious to see what you think.

Keep the fashion show entries a comin'

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read on another blog (I wish I remembered where) that a husband and wife who went through ART wrote this while it was happening. So, it comes from a place of understanding. I'm glad to hear I am not the only one who was a little touched by it.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out about this the other day. J was walking by as the "Sperm in my pocket" clip was playing. We both thought it looked cute.
I wonder though, how many people who havent' dealt with IF would go see something like that?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Count me in for the show!!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son wrote the musical "Infertility......." and the song "If I had You" was actually from a dream that he had of looking in the rear view mirror of his car and seeing a tiny girl in a back carseat waving at him. This was months before Chris and Amy went through IVF. When My husband and I saw the play at the Fringe 2004 we couldn't stop crying after that tune as it summed up our whole family's pain of their infertility. The little girl is a reality now. Her name is Olivia and is a twin to her brother Garrick.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here