Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Still hurting...

Day 8 after provera... still nothing.

The 5.5 mystery pounds are still settled in my gut and breasts... I don't mean to complain... but jeez... I am seriously miserable. My nips are so sore that the sheet over me at night feels like a razor blade on them... and they sort of look swollen too (the actual nipple)... This bloating is making me so irratable... because of how bad it hurts... both my tummy and breasts are like bricks. Something has got to give soon or I fear I will explode from the gut out just like in Alien. Please tell me that this will end... and pronto. I have never missed AF so much in my life...

School started without much fanfare. My classes are large but that is ok... they seem great. I just wish that I physically felt better these first couple of days. Today is day two... which is always better than day one because there is less of all the administrative bs paperwork. The kids actually seemed excited to be back and to get back in the swing of school and our theatre department. So that makes me happy.

Ms. new teacher is doing a nice job. She seems to have control of her classes and is willing to help me. She only had one problem with a extremely disruptive football playing senior who refused to participate, wouldn't take off his sunglasses, had headphones on in class, and kept obnoxiously singing when she was trying to address the class. I made a call to his coach... who was not surprised and who was having MAJOR trouble with this young man himself... then together the coach and I called the counselor and the troublemaker was quickly removed from her class permanently. He didn't need her class for graduation and everyone agreed with me that she shouldn't have to put up with that... especially on the first day from a senior who didn't need the class. When I told Ms. New Teacher that I got him out.. she was stunned. She had never had that sort of support from and co-teacher or an administrative staff. She seemed elated and very impressed... I didn't tell her that I was sort of shocked too. Everything just fell into place and I got to be hero... which is good for me as a boss on the first day. So... lesson to kids... don't mess with a teacher bloated and in pain from provera... or you might just get a surprise schedule change that will make your head spin.

I left school at 5:15 and she was still there working on a spreadsheet for me that she noticed would make my life easier... Excel ain't my friend. So... I think we might just be a good team.

Today is the 2nd day... hopefully things will just keep getting better.

7 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

I'm so sorry for your breast pain. I get a good dose once a month myself ' but can't imagine what you described.
Love the hero story . What a disruptive brat. I read the ettiquette article last week. The future of your family, is always in my thoughts, and I would like to ask you how your doing.
Glad you enjoyed celebrity matching.I was so happy to learn to link.Some how the end of my wedding post was lost .I don't know what I did.It was the part with mr D. too. Ohwell. I tried to rewrite it. (poorly)

5:36 AM  
Blogger DD said...

I'm guessing your doctor tells you it will happen sooner or later?

I don't have any good suggestions except maybe some tylenol pm to let you get some rest at night. Sorry I can't offer more.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on a great start to your school year!
Sorry you're having so much discomfort, I hope it resolves very soon.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Have you spoken to your doctor about these symptoms? I have never had that kind of trouble with provera and I have taken it several times. Of course I also started within a couple days of when it was supposed to work, but still, I'd be concerned enough to have it checked out.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I'm glad that day one went fairly smooth for you. I hope that the school year does the same. Sounds like Ms. New Teacher is going to be a great help.

Like I said the other day...I really hope that AF shows very soon, so the pain will go away.

Take care and I hope to talk to you soon.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Jamie - that's EXACTLY what I went through on Provera. It does end... eventually, but I hope you have an easier time once your period does start. Mine was horrible. It's never easy is it?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations on the first day of school. I used to love that time (I taught middle school but stopped a year ago).

Hope AF shows her ugly face soon.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here