Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 05, 2006

What's for dinner???

Does anyone else out there do Super Suppers?
It is the greatest invention EVER!

Today while Mr. D. was at rehearsal my brother J. and I went to a Super Suppers menu tasting... yum... and then I made 6 "meals". For those of you that don't know Super Suppers one "meal"feeds 6 people! So Mr.D. and I divide our meals into thirds when we put them together. So for us 6 meals = 18 meals for two!!! So cool! We have done it several times and it is super fun... This time I sent my brother home will several meals to try. Today I made 3 meals of "heavenly chicken"... that feeds 18 people.. so I sent 2 home with J. and kept the rest because I am planning 2 dinner parties in the very near future. Heavenly chicken is out favorite because it is a breaded chicken breast with spinach, ham, and Parmesan cheese and since they have different menus each month we stock up when this one comes along. I also made 1 "meal" of chicken veggie tacos... (2 meals for us and 1 for J.) and 1 "meal" of fried rice dish with veggies and diced pork (3 meals for us), and 1 "meal" of deep dish apple cranberry pie... (This 1 "meal" made 2 whole pies.. one for us and one for J.)

So my freezer is packed and all of this food cost me $115! Can you believe that??? That is 36 servings of food... that comes out to $3.16 per serving! Pretty good huh? They also sell side dishes but I will make my own for the heavenly chicken dinner parties... and the chicken taco's and fried rice dishes really don't need sides... especially if it is just Mr. D. and me!

Anyway... that's the exciting news here... My brother actually thought that I was sort of crazy being so excited about cooking... he said I sounded like an old lady... but he changed his tune once we got there and he even admitted that it was fun. And we got to spend time together for about 2 hour.. which is about all the time we can spend together before arguing... so this was the perfect activity for us!

Ok.. that is it for now.
Still taking provera... still nothing... hopefully we will have some action next week.

*** By the way... this is not a commercial for Super Suppers... I don't own stock in them or anything. But for a total non-cook to be able to "make" all these "homemade" dinners.. well that is big. Plus it is cheap for great food with no crappy additives and preservatives! AND it is a GREAT thing to know about at the holidays if you get stuck hosting the entire family! Ok.. I'll stop now... jeez... maybe I am a boring old lady!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend of ours does this, and always invites us over for dinner afterward since it's too big a meal for them. So, yes, I love super suppers.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Jen-Again said...

I do Dream Dinners- same concept! I love that I can make 18 meals (we are only 2, too) for just over $100. Plus, it totally takes away that "what do you want for dinner?" "I don't know. What do YOU want for dinner?" thing.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEVER heard of SS before but, after checking out the website, am anxious to try it. As luck would have it, they're getting ready to open one nearby. Thanks J!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Someone mentioned SS in a comment on Cecily's blog. It sounds like such a great, great idea. I wish we had in in the UK.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

we have something like that near us too (I can't remember what they call it) but I have been begging J to go and do this. It would really help us "eat better"
I think it's wonderful!!!

Kirsten

9:20 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

Sounds like fun! They don't have one near us that isn't less than an hour drive. With the price of gas up here ($3.19)...I'm just going to the grocery store!

I would like to try it one of these days though....thanks for the idea.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie,

I am same way, if I really like something. There is wedding photographer, I admire his work so much, I just like to look at his pictures and I tell everybody who is getting married about him, and I never met or spoke with the guy! :)
check it out- how crazy is this??http://www.michaelleslie.com/

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here