Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

All is calm...

All is calm...

Both Mom and Grandmom flew out yesterday. We all had a lovely visit... but I must say it will be nice to be back to normal. I am glad to have my house back and be able to come in after work and veg out in front of the tv instead of worrying about where we will eat dinner or what entertaining thing we will o that evening. My mom was here for 9 days... and I loved it. But there is a guilt that I have when she leaves and I am relieved to have my life back. I only see her about once a year... which is so hard and I feel like I should enjoy every moment of her being here... but having someone in your home for 9 days straight is hard.

I have had one afternoon of being alone... and that is all I really needed... because this morning... I miss her a lot.

It is hard not having your mom around on a regular basis... I mean she is always just a phone call away... but I get so envious of daughters that have their mom nearby and have family dinners on the weekend... or go out shopping... or just sit and have coffee and talk... we have to shove all that stuff into 9 days (plus work and direct at school) and that is just exhausting.

I am so glad that she got to see my show... she said it was a dream come true for her. A real "full circle" moment after all the lessons and rehearsals and plays that she took me too when I was growing up. And especially because my Grandmother (who is 85) got to come too... and see the show and stay at our home... My mom was really thankful that they got that opportunity.

My husband is a Saint... truly. He was the chauffeur, host, and planner the entire time they were here... I mean most days I left for work at 9 and came home at 6... and it was Mr. D. that took care of the pick ups at the airport, taking them shopping, going to lunch with them, sitting with then during the day... and the trying to help me have a nice time with everyone in the evening even though I was tired and had a cold most of the time. I have thanked him 100 times... but it is not enough. He is just the most wonderful person I have every known.

So now life can go back to semi-normal. I am still mucho behind directing my show at school but I hope to get caught up this week and feel better about it by the end of the week. Mr.D. starts rehearsals for a new show this week so I will be on my own totally in the evening... it will be a good rest... I plan on eating light all week and going to bed early.

I hope everyone out there is doing well. I plan to start posting more often now that I will have more time.

Oh yeah... I *think* I am on cd 12.
Remember when this was an infertility blog?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about being envious of other women and their moms. I gripe about mine often, but I would give much to be able to meet her for lunch or take the kids to her house for the weekend, or just be near her when I want.

It sounds as if you had a wonderful visit.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit w/your family! Your hubby does sound like one of a kind but I am sure you are just as wonderful to him! I hope you have a productive week and get to catch up on your much needed rest! Any thoughts as to whether or not you will go back to clomid next month (if you aren't pregnant that is!)?

6:26 AM  
Blogger Kellie with an "ie" said...

What a wonderful husband you have! He'll be such a great daddy one day.

I'm glad you had fun with your family. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am to have my mom nearby. I take that for granted sometimes.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About that infertility blog, just something to think about... how about acupuncture? Ever tried it? I am seeing an acupuncturist now and she is telling me tons of stories about how acupuncture can shrink ovarian cysts, regulate hormones, regulate periods and truly promote fertility. I am trying it myself and come to find out I am somewhat anemic, (doctors never picked up on or tested me for) which she believes is leading to my infertility/miscarriage. I have read in your blog, that you have tried med's in the past, but it might be something to think about or do a little research on for the future. Best of luck - rileydog605@yahoo.com

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're fine with your mom. As a person who lost her mother, I tire of those that refuse to appreciate their moms as real people...who don't take an adult perspective of this lady who has always been there. Don't waste time, please. Nine days is right for you, it helps you to have a positive relationship with her, so no need for guilt - enjoy her and what you share.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I'm so happy to hear that you had a nice visit with your mom and grandmom.

Yes, you do have a wonderful husband! Sounds like he would do anything for you.

Try to rest up as much as possible.

We need to have a chat soon! I miss you!!!!!!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore reading your blog. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the name. Have you watched the Secret and do you know about the law of attraction? I am 43 years old and could not get pregnant on my own until I applied the law of attraction. www.thesecret.tv. Or you can read this book called, "Ask and it is Given" Its amazing. Good Luck.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here