Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Vacation Day 3

Hello from sunny Orlando!

Mr. D and I arrived on Friday night at about 6:00 and my precious 86 year old Grandma took us out to dinner... We were so happy to be here after such a long drive... but after dinner we pretty much showered and went to bed.

Yesterday we slept in and then went to a cute Farmer's Market in Winter Park. There is a huge fountain in the middle of Park Avenue and someone had filled it with bubbles! Now I have seen fountains with soap bubbles before but never anything like this!!! OMG... It was a mountain of pure white about 6 feet tall and spilling out all over the sidewalks... and the best part was that there we kids everywhere playing in it. It really looked like kids playing in the snow!

We headed into Downtown Disney and window shopped for a couple of hours and then back to WinterPark for coffee and dinner with Grandma at home... pizza... her favorite. Then Mr. D. and I took off again and went to the movies... We saw a great SciFi movie called KNOCKED UP... but it wasn't very realistic... I mean I bought it up until this one girl gets pregnant after having sex once... I mean come on... give me a break... Other than that the movie is really funny and depending on where you are in your cycle you might like it... There is a hysterical scene with the good old "dildo u/s cam" that had Mr. D. laughing so hard he was crying. And it isn't filled with "warm and gushy" baby crap.. more like "funny, realistic, say the f-word 300 times" baby crap... so I actually enjoyed it. And for those of you who are pregnant... there is no "baby almost dies" crap... so it is pretty safe to see... uhm... except for the birth scenes... which may be the funniest scenes in a movie... ever. But beware... I did see more pregnant women in line to see this movie than I have ever scene together anywhere... it was like some strange pregnant cult. Anyway... if I wasn't on a blissful vacation I may have waited until this came out on DVD... but... it really did make me laugh a lot. After the movie Mr. D. and I went and bought a pregnancy test after the movie... you know... just a hopeful "just in case" type moment... it was sweet.

This morning (after taking the obligatory hpt... which was a BFN... surprise!) we headed to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure to ride roller coasters! They have this new thing called an Express Plus Pass that for an extra $20 bucks you can bypass almost every line for every ride... TOTALLY WORTH IT! We didn't wait longer than about 10 minutes for anything! It was an absolutely gorgeous day here in Florida... so we didn't mind getting soaked on the water rides. And since Mr. D, doesn't do roller coasters...(something about puking...) I rode them all solo... even THE HULK which is super intense! We had a great day!

Tomorrow we are going to the Studio's part of Universal Studio's. I think it will be my favorite part... I can't wait because I have never been to this park! AND... we have our Express Plus passes so (YAY!) no lines!!!

The rest of the week is still up in the air... we will be meeting friends for dinner, seeing more of my family, hopefully meeting up with Jen for coffee or lunch, taking the boat out on the lake, spending 2 more days doing the Disney thing (one day Park hopping and another at a water park) and on Friday we are going to Cape Canaveral to watch a space shuttle take off (Mr. D. is sooooo excited about that!) We will be here until next Sunday and then we will drive into Seaside for a week at the condo. Whew... I am going to need a vacation from this vacation!

I will try to figure out how to post pictures soon. I am using my Grandmother's laptop and it is pretty old... it won't take my camera card and doesn't seem to have a usb port... Maybe on Tuesday we can take ours up to Starbucks and used their wifi to add some pictures...

I hope everyone is doing well out there. We are having a great time here relaxing... and boy did I ever need to ride those roller coasters after the roller coaster I have been on for the past year.. or four.

I'll post soon!

4 Comments:

Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

yeah... sounds like you are h aving a blast... glad you liked the Hulk. Look for the Blue Man group in the Studios..sorry bout the BFN. My husband Loves Cape Canaveral, he grew up a few miles away, he wanted to be an astronaut as a child ;)

5:58 PM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Glad you are having fun!!

I saw that movie last night - I cracked up! Especially since I have an elderly couple behind me and the wife had to keep repeating everything to the husband - hilarious!

I did get a little teary eyed after the delivery scene when everyone was hugging and cooing at the baby...but that was it.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Have a great time. It sounds like a blast! I am off to South Dakota next week and then Jamaica in a month. I can't freaking wait!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

Sounds like you are having a great time! Keep enjoying yourselves!

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here