Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter Eve... and Morning... aka... CD 1

Tonight Mr. D. and I had a lovely Easter Eve...

I had dinner ready when he got home from his 2 show plus 4 hour rehearsal for the next show Saturday... A yummy 10,000 calorie dinner of tequila fettuccine with spinach and peas.
I spent the afternoon making carrot cupcakes and we decorated them in coconut cream cheese icing. Then we colored Easter eggs.
I worked really hard not to feel too down today about another Easter passing and still no child to share it with. Easter is one of those family portrait type holidays with really sweet kids clothes and fun stuff to do with kids... it is very easy to get depressed on these kinds of holidays when you don't have any children to call you own. I have tried to ignore the holidays before... but this year I decided to do all the things I wanted to do... to embrace the fun of Easter... even without a child... We had a good time doing all the traditional stuff... I can't wait until the morning to see what shows up in our baskets!

I will post more in the morning after the bunny comes! I have a feeling he is bringing Mr. D. a "themed" gift!

More later...


In the morning.... The TRUE Easter witch arrived today... cd 1.


Happy Easter everyone!

Here are some pictures to share...
The cupcakes from last night! So cute! WE are taking them to Mr. D.'s cast since they have a 2pm show... yes ON EASTER... That's what you get for doing a show about the Easter Bunny being kidnapped!




Our eggs... not too pretty... next year we will go back to the plain old fashioned one color eggs! No glue... no cut and paste... and no glitter! Yuck!


Mr.D.'s "movie" themed basket... complete with dvd's, movie candy, movie tickets, a movie trivia book, a Blockbuster card, and of course... popcorn!
(I also strung the peeps, popcorn and jelly beans to make it a little more Easter-y!)
My "Beach" themed basket. (How did the bunny know we are heading back to Seaside, Florida in late June???) I had a chocolate bunny, a sunhat, very chic white sunglasses, a new (not so itsy-bitsy-teeny weeny... or yellow) polka dot bikini, a really pretty cover up... and it all came inside the bunny cookie jar! How clever!
We also found that the bunny left us some beautiful... Serenity Windchimes... if you haven't heard these.. they are like the Stradivarius of windchimes... a beautiful zen sound for our back yard.
Finally, we had a cute little hummingbird visitor this morning. Mr. D caught a rare snapshot of him resting on our hammock! This one is really chunky! We named the two hummingbird that visited us last year... Cappichino and Maxwell... not sure if this is one of them coming back... bigger... But I am calling this one Frappachino since he is so chubby!
Have a great day with you families everyone!
Happy Easter!

14 Comments:

Blogger Kellie with an "ie" said...

What a fun Easter you had! Next year I want to come to YOUR house and celebrate!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Cute cupcakes! I'm glad you made the most of it and did all the things that you wanted. Happy Easter!

4:14 PM  
Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

How fantastic that you did so many fun things and really enjoyed the holiday. What a great way to get through such a kid-focused holiday. If it weren't for my nieces, hubby and I probably would treat it like any other Sunday at this point. Too depressing without a little one!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Sambalina said...

Looks like a great Easter! A lot more fun than mine.. lol :) I loved the cute baskets!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

you are so talented (and I am sooo jealous!!) those cupcakes and eggs and basket were perfect!!! I love your gift too, your hubby is awesome :)

I am sorry about AF showing up, but it might be the beginning of a renewal for you and some joyous news in a few weeks.

*hugs and Happy Easter*

8:26 AM  
Blogger No Longer In Crisis said...

Hi - saw your comment over on Amanda's blog that you were about to get on the foster-to-adopt rolelr coaster - if you decide to do that, please let me know so I can offer LOTS of support! My husband and I just finalized our adoption of our daughter from foster care, so it can be done - from one IF to another - there is HOPE in the least expected places!

12:39 PM  
Blogger jel said...

Hi -

I love your blog. I think you are hilarious and honest. I cracked up at your top 10 list and posted it over on my blog along with my own top 10 list. I would love to chat some time.

-Jenny
circleofgoddesses.blogspot.com

3:26 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I've always stalked your blog but never commented so I just had to do it this time.

I'm sorry about AF arriving but it seems like a great holiday nonetheless. Those cupcakes were awesome - kudos to you!

I hope that this month is a success and you get a great Mother's Day gift!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Sporty said...

Looks like a great time other than the Easter witch coming to pay you a visit. You and Mr. D are so creative and talented!

Lets try to get together for a chat very soon! I miss you.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You certainly went all out! I can't decide which I like better your themed Easter baskets or the pumpkins you carved for Halloween.

I am glad you had a great day!

7:10 AM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

Like you, the Easter bunny brought me CD1 too .. but it looks like your hubby made up for that .. Glad you focused on the postive

1:03 PM  
Blogger Hira said...

hello! I was googling about Follicle monitoring when i hit on your blog. Seems that you have been trying for a long time. Seems like i m not alone after all.

Happy Easter.

12:06 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Happy Belated Easter!

Your cupcakes are darling and the eggs turned out great (I think!)! Your Easter baskets are phenomenal too and as usual your hubby did fabulous!

I am sorry that Easter also brought CD1. :(

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

I just saw the comment about foster to adopt and I wanted to let you know that I worked for four years for a foster/adopt agency in Arlington doing homestudies and recruitment. If you have any questions about choosing an agency, I would be happy to help you out, as there are definitely some to avoid, and also some advice I can share about your best chances to being able to adopt a child from foster care. My email is sbravenec@gmail.com

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here