Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Weekend in Pictures...

Friday night brought MAJOR storms and tornado's very close to us... in fact , a tornado touched down less than 10 miles from our house and left a great deal of devastation. It was sort of scary... especially when Mr. D. said it was time for the 6 of us (2 grown ups, 3 cats, and a puppy) to get in to the newly renovated green apple closet! We never lost power so we sat in the closet floor and watched the little TV, lit our candles in case we lost power, stopped the flights between the freaked out animals and listened to our house get pummeled with hail... and I took

pictures of the whole thing! Which in hindsight... I think... annoyed Mr. D. a little... who was trying to save our lives. He is such a great protector!


Look at these balls of hail! Luckily we had only about 45 seconds of intense hail... and there was no damage... thank God.











Two good buddy's birdwatching... (note that Truman still likes to sit on top of Lenny whenever possible... WTF is that about????





My lavender roses on front of the house in bloom!
The newest addition... yellow climbers and nice stone benches... this is Emmitt's garden.






A couple of weeks a go, during out first nice weather, we were able to bury the remains of our beloved Emmitt. I had this gorgeous stone made for him through a company I found on the Internet! I just love it and it gave me such a good feeling to have such a nice stone and area for our little friend.

Pink roses bigger than bread plates right outside my bedroom window! I have 6 rose bushes around the 3 bedroom picture windows and they are in full bloom... beautiful.
Just wanted to share the spring!









9 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Gorgeous roses! And I love the stone you had made to honour Emmitt. Holy cow on those hail stones. I am glad you are safe and the closet turned out to be not necessary.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

So happy you are safe and avoided any damage! Your pink roses are absolutely to die for! I love the pic of Truman gazing longingly into your yard. So cute!

8:58 AM  
Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

HOLY HAIL Batman! Truman is getting so big and more cuddly- glad yo and Mr D. weathered the storm. Your yard and roses look so bright and cheery

9:05 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I'm glad that you didn't receive any damage from the storms. I love the area that you have for Emmitt.

The flowers are absolutely gorgeous.

9:30 AM  
Blogger millie said...

Your garden is so beautiful. That stone you had made for Emmitt is just so very nice.

And those hailstones! Good grief. I can't believe that didn't damage your plants.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Mrs. D - Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am really glad that you've found our little community of foster to adopt parents and I hope you find lots of support there. I know I certainly have!

Sorry it took me a while to respond - Lily is keeping me busy :-)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Sambalina said...

GORGEOUS pictures!! :) :)

Thanks for sharing! I could believe those pieces of hail! Glad to hear you guys are safe.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

sorry I'm late getting here.
First I am so glad that there was no major damamge and you are all safe and sound.

Truman is too cute and I love the stone for Emmitt. it looks beautiful.

your roses are also gorgeous.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, love the stone you had made. I would love to get one for DH's ferret. Can you please tell me the company you went through to get it?

Also, I just wanted to say that I've been following your journey for a little while and just wanted to finally introduce myself and say Hi!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here