Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Blogaversary to me...aka cd 1.

Today is my third blogaversary. Most people would see this as a day to celebrate... but blogging for 3 long years about your infertility is not that cool. But, since that is the boat we are in... you might as well grab a cupcake and a bottle of vodka and a toast with me to three years of faithfully sharing the intimate details of the sucky-ist part of my life.



Not to be left out, AF did decide to come and congratulate me today on my 3 year blogaversary. (ironic huh...) I should mention that she came 3 days early just for the occasion. It is always lovely to feel that unexpected "womanly feeling" when you are standing in front of a classroom of teenagers wearing light colored pants. Luckily... I made it in time. Bitch.

Looking towards the future.... I will see my nurse tomorrow morning (yes.... Saturday... at 8-freaking AM... on a Sat-ur-day) for a day 2 blood test, a scan, and a prescription for double clomid (100mg). I will also do the clomaphine challenge again this cycle... it will be the 2nd time they have checked my FSH level... last year at this time it was still in a good range. And finally... in 2 weeks... an IUI. So this is a busy and wand filled month for my uterus... yipee!


My show at school is cast... so that is stress relieving. Now I just have to pray that all the kids stay eligible with their grades and that none of them are jerks and quit the show because they didn't get the role they wanted.


One cool thing today is that the lovely Kristin nominated me as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger". It is such and honor... sometimes I forget that their are actually real people out there pulling for me, supporting me, and sharing their lives on their blogs. What an awesome circle of girls we have to lean on. Thank God for you guys... you really do help me keep my sanity. I think the deal is that I get to nominate 5 friends now... but I am not sure... so for now I will bask in my nomination and before the weekend is up I will have some names for you!



OK... it is only 8 pm... and it is a Friday night... but I am ready to have another cupcake, take a fist full of Tylenol followed by a vodka chaser and go to bed... this first week of school has me wiped out... and my va-jay-jay has an early appointment tomorrow.

13 Comments:

Blogger AwkwardMoments said...

Happy blogaversary to you!! Good luck to your IUI - (so sorry about AF but hte good news is we should be having an iui together. Good luck getting you cast in order

6:29 PM  
Blogger hammygirl said...

Happy blogaversary! Sorry the bitch had to come and share it with you...

7:10 PM  
Blogger beret said...

Happy Blogaversary!!

Jamie, I am a longtime lurker who think you are such a WONDERFUL person and SO gorgeous inside and out. The pictures of you and your husband you posted in the last post were just stunning. You make a stunning couple. There are many people out here pulling for you guys and cheering you on. I hope in anothre 3 years you'll be blogging about tantrums and potty training. Wishing you the best of luck with the coming IUI.

Oh, we're getting a puppy tomorrow..any tips on potty training a dog? (never had one before!)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Ollie said...

Happy Blogaversary Rockin' Girl Blogger! I hope your 3rd year is the charmer.

Now that the red bitch arrived, may your IUI cycle be a blockbuster hit.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the magical 3 year mark. i've been lurking for a few weeks now and haven't found anything appropriate to comment on - until now (get some beers in me on the first college football saturday and here i come! :). everyone has said how amazing you are, and how incredible it is to share this part of your life with the world (or those of use who happen upon your blog)... but i think it's much more than that. i'm just in the very-itty-bitty-beginning-ttc stages but i find you such an inspiration. life is SUCH a bitch sometimes, but you roll with the punches well (at least from my perspective from the outside looking in). all the best in the coming weeks, you're most definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

4:41 PM  
Blogger elle said...

Happy Blogaversary to you! I'm a lurker too but I just had to pop in on such a big milestone day to let you know that I have really enjoyed reading your blog for the past few months. Good luck with this cycle and all. My fingers are crossed for you two this month.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firstly.. Happy Blogaversary and congrats on your Rockin Girl blogger award :-)
I hope that your Dr's appointment went well and that your feeling alright. Sending prayers and lots of good wishes your way for a sucessful month with the I.U.I and all.. Glad to hear your play is cast and it's a little more unstressful at the moment with it all, next come the rehearsals!
Lots of luv'n'hugs..Lesley

8:28 PM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

Good luck to you and your va-jay-jay!!!!

7:24 AM  
Blogger ErinMary said...

You're in my prayers.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Wow! Three years ... way to go!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. D! It was so nice to hear from you. I have been a long time reader of your blog and feel your pain every month when AF comes along...Happy Blogaversary by the way!

I am being montiored, I always had CD 3 scan and CD 12. One month I made a mongoloid cyst, it was like 33mm or something, it was huge. But no, I'm not doing the Clomid anymore. I just don't feel like its helping.

The bleeding did finally stop, yesterday was the first day it was gone. So it was right at 7 days and you know, now that you metnioned it, I was taking estrogen for my lining and I bet that is waht happende. It was just way thicker than normal.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Good luck...

4:12 AM  
Blogger millie said...

Happy Blogaversary to you! I think I'm only a tiny bit "older" than you.

Here's to being able to write finally having what we want on our next one.

9:22 AM  
Blogger LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Happy you are still blogging but sad that you are still blogging given the topic of your blog....

I am less week behind you on the clomid/IUI cycle so we are nearly cycle sisters.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here