Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 29, 2005

THE 2nd ANNUAL INFERTILE BLOGGIRL ENGAGEMENT RING FASHION SHOW!!!!!!




Inspired my a post by Emily 1 year ago called The Promise.

I now present to you THE MODELS....
Visit their blogs to check out their ROCKS!!!
(Feel free to post this list on your blog so others can visit)

JJ

Faith

Thalia

Lori

Ollie

Joie

LoreneGo (Someone email me with this blog address!!!)

Pamplemousse

Jessi

(and don't forget to scroll down for mine!!!)
***Just Added!!!

DD

Cass

Lindy

Holly

Nico

S

Nicole

Molly

Fisher Queen

Millie

*** It is not to late to join in the fun... just add your blog address into the comments of this post and we will come see your tribute too!!!

And now my beautiful ring and story... I am using the same one from last year because I feel that it still says everything I want to say!!! I love you Mr. D.... thanks for loving me "with or without baby".

Written Oct 29, 2004

My Promise


(My lovely ring in the porcelain Cinderella ring box it came in... there is a glass slipper on the top of the box... the little pink heart came inside the box... The box and heart sit on our bedroom fireplace mantle next to the sweet little piggy bank we bought on our honeymoon to give to our future child)

Thanksgiving Day 2000

After 5 years together on Thanksgiving night Mr. D popped the question at the DisneyWorld wedding beach... we were alone (I knew what was coming) and he was so sweet.... We sent our our engagement announcement instead of Christmas cards... It was a Disney card with a raggedy Cinderella sitting on a throne with the one glass slipper on her foot...
it said:

Announcing the Engagement of
Jamie & (Mr. D.)
The air was filled with magic and love...
as he knelt and proposed
under the DisneyWorld stars.
We would like to wish you a joyous holiday season
and the most enchanted 2001!


The ring was so special because it was the ring my Dad gave my Mom... They were married for 20 years and after they divorced my mom wanted me to have it. Even though my parents are no longer together it represents so much of my childhood spent starring at that ring... trying it on... and wanting to be a bride. It also keeps both of my parents very close to me... even though they live far away. Mr. D. KNEW that this was the perfect way to propose and the perfect ring for me to wear each day to symbolize the promise we made on our wedding day.

Our Wedding Day ~ December 23, 2001
The most magical Christmas wedding you could imagine! Complete with Christmas carollers, a Victorian house, everyone singing, an all dessert reception... and most of all... the most romantic evening of my life....

The words Mr. D said to me that night in front of out closest family and friend as we both had tears in our eyes were truly magical... I knew that this was the right thing... I knew that this was the man that would be there for me through everything... I knew that he would love me no matter what....I knew that we would be together for the rest of our lives...

We are so blessed in our lives and we ARE living...
Happily Ever After....

with or without baby.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll partcipate, I'll get mine up later today.

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's still beautiful, Jamie. The story, and the ring.

Thank you for hosting the 2nd Annual Fashion Show.

4:10 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

My post is finally up. Thanks again Jamie.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Done it!! Thanks, J for being the hostess with the mostest!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful story! Thanks so much for hosting this, it was such a great idea! I can't wait for next year! Hopefully it will be the "1st annual new mothers engagement ring fashion show" by then.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting - it's been great reading all the stories.
And what a beautiful story. Sounds like a perfectly romantic proposal and wedding. We are blessed aren't we?

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Cool idea Jamie...I just posted mine.

:)

11:11 AM  
Blogger DD said...

Oops, I goobered and posted to your 10/14/05 as I really don't have the ability to pay attention...

I'm just posted (and will have to correct my link - blast it!), and look forward to everyone's stories.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Cass said...

Okay, I'm totally lame and late, but I just posted one. Hey, my proposal was a day late, too!

http://manyamile.blogspot.com

1:17 AM  
Blogger Sami said...

Thank you for hosting the 2nd Annual Fashion Show... while I wasn't around for the first I certainly enjoyed the second. Romantic stuff is something that makes me very very happy and also helps me to just enjoy... I hope you have had a lovely weekend and go give your husband a big ole kiss.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Bittermama said...

What a lovely story. Thanks for hosting this!

My story's up, but I don't have a picture up yet.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

What a great idea - at me to the list at noperiodbaby.blogspot.com.

Thanks!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hi-

What a lovely story! I set mine up, if you want to see....

http://www.infertilitysux.blogspot.com

7:28 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hope you don't mind my joining in here... my blog is tommysprincess.blogspot.com

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, count me in. I'm at http://mollywogger.blogspirit.com/

10:37 AM  
Blogger charlie's mom said...

Count me in. This is fun!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here