Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 08, 2005

The What??? Files...

Today in the WHAT??? Files....

What??? File #1 - This is taken directly off Jenna's blog today... if you are not following this story here are the basics...
There is a law that they are trying to pass in VA that states:
When a fetal death occurs without medical attendance, it shall be the woman's responsibility to report the death to the law-enforcement agency in the jurisdiction of which the delivery occurs within 12 hours after the delivery. A violation of this section shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.
This means that after you have a miscarriage at your house you have to call and report it...
TO THE COPS....
of all people with in 12 hours or you can be punished with 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine. This is just crazy. I thought everyone should get a chance to read more about it.

SEE THE ORIGINAL POST ABOUT THIS BILL AT MAURA'S

More blog news at Chez Miscarriage about this "Have Miscarriage... Go to Jail" story.

***UPDATE***

Wow ! Wow! Wow! Maura sure did a great job getting the word out about this story... it has been posted on over 100 blogs and she has actually received a letter from VA delegate John A. Cosgrove stating that the wording of this proposed House Bill 1677 is being changed to "include language that will define the bill to apply only to those babies that are claimed to have been stillborn and that are abandoned as stated above". READ THE LETTER HERE
That is amazing and all within 48 hours of Maura's first "mobilization of the troops". Ladies... we CAN make a difference... thank God. Good work Maura!!!! I love democracy!


What??? File #2 - Poor Brad and Jen... if those two can't make it then there is no hope for the rest of us...

What??? File #3 - I think Mr. D. is jealous of my video boy toy... I know I have been spending a lot of time with him lately... but come on ... it is just a crush. Mr. D. has been walking around the house all day singing the song... but... it is just not the same.

What??? File #4 -Funny random book report... I am a teacher so these types of things amuse me...

What??? File #5 - Tertia and Marko are parents!!!! The twins have arrived! Congratulations!!!

What??? File #6 - I have totally screwed up my temps for this cycle by waking up and temping at different times every morning... So now I have no friggin idea when or if I have ovulated... This temping thing may not be for me... If you understand charts feel free to look at the mess I have made... This AM was the worst because I thought my temp would stay up to show that I have O'ed... but I took it at 6:30 (before I got up to pee) and it was 97.4... way down.... So I went back to sleep and took it again at 7:30 and it was 98.2.... WTF??? So I have no idea what temp to use. I am pretty sure my O was on cd 11 or 12... Gah... I guess I will start progesterone on cd 16 or so just to make *sure* I have had a good chance to "O"... Basically, I have no clue...

That is it for now... sorry I am so boring... it is that kind of day...

Mr D. and I are off to buy mulch for the yard..
...thrilling.





4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Oh dear . . . that is quite a chart! Coming from someone who has recently become rather obsessed with charting, I would say go with the first temp. (Even if your timing is off, the temp is more accurate before you have got up and peed, etc.) You should see me in the morning, "Damn! I have to pee SO bad, but I am not due to take my temp for 45 more minutes, so I guess I am going to suffer!" Are you using OPKs?

By the way, as I was trying to summon sleep last night, I went back and read your archives. You are a teacher, too?!? I didn't realize it before. I currently work in a school where everyone, and I mean everyone, is either pregnant, on maternity leave, or already has 9 children. It is lovely. (choking)

Good luck with your temps. Just get freaky every other night until the end of your cycle, I say. Cover all your bases! (literal and figurative!)

Hugs, Sara

* By the way, last month was the first month I took Prometrium. How much are you taking? I had the absolute worst set of cramps ever and I was wondering if that is a common effect. (?)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Jamie,
re file # 1 Thanks for posting the update on the issue. I am glad that he wrote her back. I am even happier that he is going to clear this up. He really didn't do a good job writing the bill. It is amazing to see how fast news travels over 100 blogs in what 24 hr? Isn't blogland amazing.
re file # 2 I know it is so sad about Brad and Jen. They seemed so good together. I hope they get back together.
re file # 3 video boy toy- he is so funny. I haven't watched him as much as some but I think i have watched him at leaste once a day. he's so funny.
re file # 4 book report was really funny. i loved it.
re file # 5 I am so happy for them. and so glad that Adam is doing better.
re file # 6 I know what you mean about this temp thing. I work graveyard so my sleep schedule is really messed up. I decided a few days ago that I am setting my alarm for everyday at 1 pm so I can wake up take my temp and go back to sleep. (but most the time i stay awake and become sleep deprived.) It is helping with my temps. I saw that I o'ed on Jeremiah's B-day. I hope that brings us good luck. Maybe now that school back in you will be able to tell if you O'ed.
I hope everything else is well.
Jenna

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie,

With regard to your temps. This is not scientific at all, but from what I've read, your temps go up .2 every hour you sleep in. So, when I have trouble getting an accurate read, I take the time I most likely take my temps and subtract or add accordingly. For instance, if I take my temps at 6:30 a.m., like I did today, it was 98.1 (I'm 11 dpo). I fell back to sleep and at 8:30 a.m., when I retested, it was 98.6, showing it went up .4 or .2 every additional hour. The reason I do this, is because I have noticed that when the temps are really low, i.e., you are about to get AF, etc., that when you get a low reading, that if you take your temp again two hours later you will STILL get a low reading. I will take my temps multiple times like this to gauge how far from AF I am (i.e., they were still climbing an hour later so I know that the low temp is just due more to the time than AF.) I will record the temp at 98.1 because it's consistent with the others (between 98.0 - 98.2). I started doing this because in the beginning, I had a really tough time getting my temps so I started taking them multiple times throughout the morning to see if I noticed any kind of pattern and I did.

Looking at your chart, it looks like you ovulated between 13-15 and that you have a fall back temp on day 15 and should hopefully see the rise starting now. I have this issue and I also have really slow rising temps sometimes. I did this month. I clearly ovulated on day 13 and yet my rise didn't show until day 16 and has been hovering at the 98.0 - 98.2 the whole cyle. I should get AF in about 4-5 days and I think this cycle has been such a wash because I've started thryorid medication and stuff from my naturapath and it's taking time to sort itself out.

Good luck and I hope my rambling helped :)

Emily

8:36 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Hi - I have never posted to you before, but have read a few of your posts. I am new to the blogging thing - I have my own (just started it recently) but it is really about me babbling!

I have been trying to conceive for about 8 months now after a miscarriage last September. Anyway, this is not what this is about.

I just wanted to thank you for posting information about yourself so that others going through the same crap can know we are not alone.

About your chart - charting is a pain in the butt - especially if you get up at all different times. Twice a week I have to be at work at 7 so I am up at 5:45 - sooo, I just set my clock for 5:45 every morning take my temp and fall back asleep! I am usually in a nice deep sleep at that time so I get an accurate temp.

Your chart also looks really erratic b/c you haven't seen the leveling off of the high temps. My temps looked all over the place too until I had my peak and they had to expand the chart.

Also, at fertility friend they have a temperature converter where you can put in your normal waking temp (the time you usually take your temperature), the time that you actually took it that day (say if you woke up 2 hours late) and your temperature. Fertility friend then estimates what your temperature would have been had you taken it at the right time. It is under the "Data" tab and called "temperature correcter"

Anyway, thanks again for your great blog.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here