Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!!!

Hooray for the 2nd Annual Fashion Show!!! It was a huge success!!! Thanks to all the models for clearing their schedules so they could participate!!!

I looove Halloween! I always have... I guess it is the theatrical side of me that loves wearing costumes and pretending to be someone else for a little while! Mr. D. has to work... so it will be a quiet evening here... I have invited my best friend Nicole and her baby (5 month old Joey) over for a very small Halloween feast! (Nic is Joey is dressing Joey up as a Tootsie Roll... I can't wait to see that one!) We will hopefully be busy handing out FULL SIZE candy bars to all the little trick or treaters! Mr. D. love giving out full size bars... so thanks to Sam's that's what we are able to do... I have about 60 (uhm... give or take a few...) assorted Hershey's, Kit Kats, Snickers, Twix (does anyone like Twix???), Milky Ways, Reeses, and 3Musketeers!!! (Please GOD let them be all gone by the end of the night...)


(All the candy ready and waiting by the front door!)

I spent Sunday shopping for pumpkins to carve and food for tomorrow night.. Nic and I are going to feast on Chili complete with onions, cheese, sour cream and frito's! And homemade cornbread... And... WINE... And FULL SIZED CANDY BARS!!!!

I carved several pumpkins yesterday and Mr. D. worked on the GRAND FINALE!!! He used a real pumpkin... but I used "Funkins" and a electric pumpkin carver so I will have them for a few years... Here are the "fruits" of our labor...










#1 - The Ghosts!!!

#2 - The Haunted (pain-in-the-ass) Mansion!

#3 - The Mice - look very closely on the wall behind.. see the Cat waiting for them??? Yep.. it is carved on both sides to throw that shadow!!! Pretty cool huh???

#4 - Mr. D.'s Grand Finale!!! A beautiful Cinderella!!!!

ClickHere to see last years pumpkins!

Got big plans??? Tell me all about them... I love to hear what other people are doing for Halloween!!

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HALLOWEEN!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sami said...

Wow... Those pumpkins/funkins are amazing... way more talented than I ever hope or can dream of being... Also good for you for handing out full size candy bars... I remember loving to go to houses that did that.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Wow! That Cinderella pumpkin is AMAZING! Happy Halloween!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

OH MY GOD Those are some amazing pumpkins! I didn't even put out a pumpkin this year and I feel horrible about it. We did however have a halloween party on Saturday night (pictures will follow on my blog soon!) the house was completely decorated inside and out. The kids loved it last night for sure!

4:48 AM  
Blogger April said...

Wow. Those pumpkins are amazing.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Cinderella pumpkin!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

I thought my cat was cool but I love the cinderella pumpkin. Where do you get your patterns?

2:56 PM  
Blogger Mrs. D. said...

The pumpkins that I did were from a book I bought at Michael's. The FREE Cinderella template came from the internet from this site...http://www.jack-o-patterns.com/CarvingGallery.ivnu

If you are interested in doing one next year... print out the template and put it with your Halloween stuff because the sites I used for templates last year were no longer free this year!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

purty pumpkins...I used a plastic one outside. LOLOL

5:40 AM  
Blogger Nico said...

Wow, you're quite the artists! Fantastic pumpkins!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here