Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A birthday surprise...

What a nice birthday I had... If you have been reading this blog for any time at all you know that I have the world's best husband and that I am very spoiled! So... this year Mr. D' told me that we were going "lite" of birthday and Christmas because we just purchased all the Pergo flooring for our dining room and living room... (I didn't believe him...) But... as I suspected he went OVER THE TOP!

The loot!

*$$$ from Mom and a AAA membership for both cars which we needed... (remember our 2 flats on the way to Florida in the summer???

$$$ from Grandma in Florida

A Target gift certificate and a nice breakfast from my brother... and flowers!!!!

A wonderful dinner out to dinner with my inlaws

Some of my students put together a little surprise party for me (even though they had to store the cake in my office refrigerator so it wasn't REALLY a surprise)... but it was a very sweet gesture and we all enjoyed chocolate cake, cheese cake, and chocolates during 5th period!

A phone call from my Dad... that we would get together for my b-day "sometime"... well... at least he called....

And from Mr. D...........

On Sunday he gave me a 2 gift certificates for 2 massages!!! And I had an appointment for the first one that afternoon!

Then yesterday I got...

A beautiful Christmas Tree scented candle

The very cool Grey's Anatomy CD... man that show uses great music...

A bottle of red current oil for my lamp berger (sp?) These things are GREAT... they will make your whole house smell wonderful... I have a very small one and it is perfect to make my house smell great! Mine cost about $40 and the oil is $15 per bottle... BUT... it will end up being way less than a bunch of really good candles over time.

2 tops from New York and Company... a scarlet colored corset looking one and a traditional black button up with a nice collar and cuffs....

A GORGEOUS sweater that I really wanted for the holidays... It is a metallic brown color with small sequins around the neck... I plan to wear it on Saturday for M. D's parents 50th anniversary party.

And dinner out... I was feeling tired and wanted to wear jeans so we just went to the good old Red Lobster... it was so good and casual for a quick Monday night dinner...

BUT... THE REAL GIFT... When I got home there was a crew in my house professionally installing the pergo floors in the dining room!!!!! YAY!!! We don't have to learn how to do it ourselves and they look perfect!!! Mr. D. was a little disappointed because he wanted them to be finished before I came home... but I didn't mind... I liked seeing the process getting finished. We do still have to purchase, paint, and install new baseboards ourselves but the hard part is done! They crew will be back to do the living room next week. YAY my floors will be done by Thanksgiving!!! I will post pictures as soon as the baseboards are back up and finished!

So... my wonderful husband did it again... It always amazes me how wll he knows me and what extraordinary measures he goes to to surprise me. I love him so much.

I am on cd 29... but I have decided not to test this month... I don't have any symptoms and so I think I will just wait for AF to show or not to show and save the $$ for the hpt's... hopefully I will be so busy this week I will just not even be concerned about testing... Hopefully I will stay this strong... I really hate hpt's so I think this will be my new plan.

Thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes! You girls mean so much to me and I am so glad I found such a community of caring and supportive woman!!! I love you all!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sporty said...

Sounds like a great birthday Jamie! Mr. D. is definitely a sweetheart! I bet the floors are beautiful. I can't wait to see the pics.

I think you have the right idea on the hpts. You are in my thoughts!

Take care.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Well Miss Jamie, it sounds like you had a WONDERFUL birthday! Mr D. sounds like he's absolutely the best and just keeps outdoing himself. That's great. Oh and isn't the Grey's Anatomy CD great?? I just started listening to it last night. I LOVE that show!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Ahhh ... he is so good to you!!!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Holy cow does that man know how to surprise! I like bragging about how great mine is but honey yours takes the cake! I know someone who should get lucky! Tee-hee

7:05 PM  
Blogger Nico said...

Wow! Awesome birthday, and awesome guy!

I tested once in my last cycle on 12dpi, and then decided not to do it again. I actually like the feeling of not knowing. It's a few more days of possibility to relish.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly have a good one there, Jamie. I'm glad you had such a good birthday. Hoping that this year brings you your heart's desire.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day Jamie.

I did wood floors too...and I love em. Show us pics as soon as you can.

Love Ally

7:19 AM  
Blogger Heather P. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!! Sound too like mrd is a keeper!!

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so loved.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here