Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Random Ketchup...

Halloween is over and it is still 78 degrees outside... I have never been so tired of wearing summery clothes! Is this global warming??? I never really understood that stuff.

All the Halloween stuff is going in to the attic today. It took 3 of those big orange tubs from Target to store it away.. and that doesn't count the fall and Thanksgiving stuff. It is hard to believe that in less than a month we will be putting up all of our Christmas things. Mr. D. and I usually decorate for Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving... I know "but what about the Thanksgiving decorations??? Well... no one really comes to our home for Thanksgiving so we get a head start on Christmas! I love waking up on Thanksgiving morning and knowing that the Christmas season has begun! I love making a big breakfast and sitting bundled up on the sofa under the Christmas lights and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It is one of my favorite morning of the whole year.

As for the TTC stuff... I think this month is a wash. It is cd 23 and I just don't think I feel anything. I think we missed the big "O" but we will have to wait and see... I do have heaviness in my breasts and my face is reeeeeeally broken out... but that is probably just the "time of the month" and the weird weather we are having... my face feels so greasy... probably because it is hot during the day and then cold at night... that sort of weather always effects my skin.

Today I give my last two finals. I should get to go home at 1:00 pm!!!! YAY!!!! And I am off work tomorrow! I think there are so birthday plans being planned for me this weekend... but I am not allowed to know what or when.

Mr. D always does such nice things for me for my b-day. My b-day is on the 7th (Monday) but we will probably have a few days of birthday stuff since it is a long weekend off work for me. I love birthdays that last a whole weekend!!! Last year I was so sad because my two edd's were Nov. 5th and Jan 29th... All I cared about was getting through the holiday season... I was so upset around my birthday.... and Thanksgiving and Christmas were so sad and emotional for me that I actually had the feeling later that I missed Christmas. But this year I feel better... Most days I feel recovered from the losses although I do have some bad days... but I am looking forward to a nice holiday season this year.

OK... so that is the random ketchup for the day! I hope you have a great weekend?

Poll for the day... When do you put up your holiday decorations??? Am I crazy for doing it before Thanksgiving???

7 Comments:

Blogger Sheryl said...

I don't think you're crazy at all! Put your decorations up as soon as you want. Thanksgiving is a great time. Well, US Thanksgiving anyway. If I started Xmas decorating at our Thanksgiving I think I'd be shot! I'll start our decorations December 1st...

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

de-lurking to say crazy in my book, but in a nice way :)
We have a firm not before Thanksgiving rule at my house. It's actually a not before my birthday rule (26th). I'm protective over not losing by day to the hype of Christmas. My hubby just wants it to be cold and snowy by the time he gets into the Christmas mood, which is usually right around Thanksgiving for us. Although the high today is around 70.... :)

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is such a Halloween junkie that we have at least 6 orange tubs plus boxes of Halloween decorations. We usually build some sort of decorations for the yard as well (this year, it was alien-zombie themed, last year was "Pirates of the Caribbean"). Anyway - it takes us so long to get all the stuff organized and packed away that we are lucky to get it all done in time to pull out our Christmas decorations :)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom always pulls out the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving. I tend to try to decorate the first weekend of December since it's my birthday and I like the tradition of putting up a tree at that time. Last year because I was in finals, J did all the decorating. He did a better job than I do so I nominate him for it this year.
So no you're definitely not crazy!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Rhea said...

Well, we usually decorate the day after Thanksgiving, but I think I like your idea of putting it all up the week prior to Thanksgiving so I can wake up and see my tree on Thanksgiving morning and watch the parade. I'm taking the week of Thanksgiving off, so that will be a good time for me to do. Thanks for sharing!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

UM - yes, yes you are crazy!!!!!!! I don't even think about putting anything up until around the 15th!!!! I like the decorations and all - but I feel like everything is so displaced - I take them down by New Year's Day and I feel so much better! OK - maybe I am a bit bah humbug - I admit it!

I am almost done with my Christmas shopping though - I try to have all of that done before Thanksgiving! I will start wrapping at my mom's house soon!

Have a great birthday weekend!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I haven't had the courage to think about any holidays...not with the impending move. I am dreading it really. I haven't done any shopping at all and never put my tree up until AFTER thanksgiving.


You crazy?? Never! LOL :)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here