Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 20, 2006

What is that NOISE???

First day back at school today and a very interesting thing happened. After school the cast of the competition play I am directing and I were in the auditorium rehearsing. We had just finished a run-though of the show and were sitting down to get notes... we go to competition this Friday so we are in the "down and dirty" notes sessions. While I am talking with them I keep hearing this... high pitched squeak... It distracted me every few sentences and then I finally blurted out "OK... does anyone else HEAR that??? We all got quiet and we all could hear a distinctive "mewing". I jumped up and said "I think that is a cat!"

We walk around the theatre for a minutes and discover the sound is coming from under the stage... We went into the pit (with our trusty theatre nerd flashlights) and we can hear definite "mewing" from the vents under the stage... So... as all technical theatre teachers would do... I whipped out a screw driver and removed one of the vent covers (which are about as big as a car door) and sent the boys into the vent! (I probably could be on the news or something for this has there been a tiger or a dead body in there... but hey I wasn't about to go into the vent with heels on!) In about 5 minutes we had brought out 5 little kittens... From INSIDE the school UNDER the stage... There was no Mom to be found (she was probably hiding and ready to be rid of the noisy kittens). The kittens were about a month old and we very very cute. I spent the next hour nuzzling the babies as the kids called their parents and begged to keep the theatre kittens. We found homes for all five (at least for the night) so I didn't have to bring any kittens home with me. I already have 3 cats and a dog and with Mr. D in Houston I think a new "baby" would have been too much for me... especially when they might need to be bottle fed.

Although I am sure the kids will re-name them... we christened them all with theatre names...
Shakespeare
Brecht
Beckett
Moliere
and LIZ... named after the show we are doing this week.

*Most of the kids plan on re-naming them after their characters... Rudy, Liz, Sophie (for the "Sophisticated Visitor"... a very small role... ) and I am sure I will learn their "new" names tomorrow. Their "Theatre" name will be their secret name... Come on your have seen the musical CATS haven't you???

So as you probably guessed after repairing the vent I allowed them to pull out and losing my school keys it was late... I will be giving my notes tomorrow.

Send "break a legs" for our competition... It will be a busy week!

Mr. D. is still in Houston for 7 more sleeps... he says I will be so busy with competition this week that I wont have time to miss him... yeah right... I am counting down the MINUTES until he is home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sporty said...

Glad that ya'll were able to save the kittens.

Break a leg on the competition. I'll be thinking of ya!

Take care.
Chasity

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

I love kitties!! Thats why I have one. LOL

Good Luck on the competition. I'm sure you'll win like you did last year! :)

btw...the big TV was hubbys idea...him and his sports! LOL

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here