Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 29, 2006

cd 11

cd 11 - Clomid has been taken. Only small side effects so far... headaches and bloating have been it. Some people close to me may question my mood... but that person better keep his cake hole shut if he knows what is good for him. (hee hee hee.. I love you honey.)

I think I STILL have my bladder infection. I take my last 500 mg of Cipro today and I still have slight symptoms. If you remember this is my 3rd round of antibiotics. I go back to the doctor tomorrow for another urine dip because my doctor doesn't want me to go out of town without access to more antibiotics if I need them... jeez. This is getting OLD.

I had my sonohysto on Tuesday. I was really nervous and then when I got there we had insurance problems. At first they told me my test was going to be $1575 OUT OF POCKET!!!! Auuuuggggghhhhh!!!! I was freaking out and almost in tears... because I had been told by Nurse Awesome that it would be covered as "diagnostic". But Nurse Awesome was out that week and another nurse was filling in. It was about 40 minutes before they finally called Nurse Awesome and she was able to talk them through the complicated coding issues. Listen to this... they had to code it as "Habitual spontaneous Abortion" so my stupid insurance would pay. (Which is true since I have m/c'ed twice...) but still it is just stupid how crappy insurance is about infertility.

So when I finally got into see Dr. Wonderful... get this... he actually APOLOGIZED for the stressful insurance thing! Whhhhaaaaaat? He told me if Nurse Awesome would have been there then there wouldn't have ever been a question because she knows the insurance in's and out's. My SIL also passed on my blog address to him so he had even visited my blog! OK... admittedly that is very strange for me... but so far he is still Dr. Wonderful... so we are ok.

The $1575 test took about 3 minutes.

My ute looks perfectly NORMAL. No fibroids, cysts, or signs of endo. When he filled my uterus with water I watched it expand on the screen and they took 3-d pictures of it from all angles. The coolest part for me was that he told me that he was at a good angle when he put the water in and he could see it flow through one of my fallopian tubes! So we know at least one of them is clear! We were not at an able to see the other one but there is no real reason to think that it would be blocked. So one more "Normal" to add to my chart!

Can you believe that old Dr. Untrustworthy was going to do a lap on me without doing this 3 minute test to look for signs of endo out scarring??? Wow.. I am glad I went with my gut and found a new doctor who is more conservative with the surgery.

I will start OPK's today and see if I can see a surge with that and pretty much leave for a fun filled vacation and hope for the best.

OK... time to go pack and get ready to leave in four days for Florida!!!!

PS.. I hired a new teacher... I am cautiously hopeful... but only time will tell.

6 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

Damn. I had a wonderfully cohesive comment and blogger ate it....arrrgh!

It was something about that doc wanting to do the lap before doing this test. What a dunce.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be a rain on the parader but in the interest of information the sonohysto in no way rules out endo.

The only way to rule out endo is with an exploratory lap. (if you ask your doc he will confirm this---I have a medical background.)

So it is something to keep on the back burner.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Have fun on your vacation!! I'm right behind you in 23 days!!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

Great news!!!! I'm happy and excited for you!

Love ya!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

That is great news Jamie...one less thing to worry about.

Have an awesome time in Florida and I'll talk to you when you get back.

Take lots of pics!

:)

4:49 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Glad you found a doctor you trust. I have to say though that there were no signs of endo on any of my tests until we did the lap, so it's not conclusive until you do that test. And honestly, it's not that bad.

But anyway, congrats on one more hurdle that says normal.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here