Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 30, 2006

MORE Blood in Urine... shit.

Ok... So since May 24 I have been trying to get rid of this bladder infection. I have done 3 rounds of antibiotics (1 week of nitrofurantoin, 3 days of 1000 mg of Cipro, and then 10 days of 500 mg Cipro... for those who care) and the fucking blood in my urine is STILL there!

They are running another culture.. but I will be leaving on vacation before we can get the results. My doctor didn't want to give me more antibiotics. They gave me a slightly stronger than AZO Standard over the counter medicine and told me to take it until I get back. Then... he wants me to see a urologist. He said (via the nurse) that didn't recommend another round of antibiotics. I will call on Monday and see what the culture says... if there is still infection then maybe he will call something in... but he is worried that I may have some sort of cyst or other problem... but I think it is still the e coli bacteria that they found...

So... please pray that this doesn't flare up and ruin a single minute of my wonderful vacation. I really REALLY need this trip.

OK.. back to laundry and packing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessigirl said...

Take that Azo and LOTS of Cranberry pills. I'm telling you, I had a MONSTER bladder infection once and they were the only thing that made it go away!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

Oh, and have fun!

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a lurker of your site for awhile. I'm not trying to worry you at all, but I am determined to tell women about what happened to my mom. She had several chronic bladder infections and it turned out that it was actually a severe kidney infection. Because no one caught it until far too late, she ended up losing her kidney. Be vigilant and don't be satisfied with "well, we can't really tell anything from the culture, let's do another round of antibiotics."

That being said - I hope you have a great vacation!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here