Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 15, 2006

another show closes....

My show is closed. It was successful and the kids did a good job. I was an interesting mix of students and I have to say it was not the most pleasant group that I have worked with... but we all made it through and that is what counts. The parents were all thrilled and the kids we very self congratulatory with a very small bit of gratitude that recognizes that they did not do all of this by themselves. I am proud of them and yet at the same time looking forward to working with a different group next time. Somehow my job has the ability to make me feel both accomplished at what I do and empty when it is over. The Sunday after a show closes is always filled with a certain melancholy for me... what could I have done differently, what did the learn, what was good about it, what worked and what didn't work. So anyway.. it is over. On to the next production. (sigh.)

My nausea has subsided... it sort of just disappeared one day... and I think it took me a couple of days to realize that I was gone. It has however been replace by a breast tenderness of remarkable proportion. I am not sure why the bc pills would cause my boobs to hurt so much.. I would have expected the pill to make them not hurt.. not swell... since I am not supposed to be ovulating. But you know my body... always has to be different... can never just fit into to the crowd. This morning I almost screamed at my cat gingerly tiptoed across my chest... plus yesterday I changed clothes three times before leaving to go to the theatre because everything I put on seemed to highlight my boobs. (sigh.)

I will see my doctor in Friday... for an annual exam. This is also the last week in my bc pill pack so he may do a scan to look at Oliver... I will know then if I have to go back on the pill. I just hope that I can tell myself have a period and then go back on... I feel like my body needs some normalcy right now and going straight to another pack of pills might be to much for me. Hopefully (since I am taking Friday off to go to the doctor) Mr. D. and I will be able to go to the State Fair on Friday after I am done at the doctor. That will be fun. Fun... I think I remember how to do that.... (sigh.)

It is raining here today. My plan is to stay curled up on the sofa and watch 2 weeks of all my favorite shows on the TiVo. Survivor, Grey's, The Nine, Project Runway, Brothers and Sisters, The Office... I have it all. I also plan to nap. This is the first day that I have had in several weeks and I plan on trying to re-set my inner clock and force myself to rest. (sigh.)

I promise to try to make my next post more interesting. I think I am just tired. Curling on the sofa now. (sigh.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Take some time and just lounge around and most of all don't feel guilty about it! I know everytime I try to be a couch potato I end up feeling like there was so much more for me to be doing i.e. cleaning, laundry etc. Oh and Brothers and Sister is getting so good and Project Runway was pretty juicy too. Enjoy your day of rest.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is friday...how was your Dr. visit?
please update...fingers crossed for a shrinking Oliver and encouraging news!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curling up on the sofa on a rainy day is always a good thing:)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

How was your appointment Fri? Is Oliver gone?

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaime...
please update...worried we haven't heard from you in a week and a half...please let us know that all is well!!!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here