Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Oliver...

I saw the nurse again on Friday for another u/s of Oliver Cyst. The good news is that he is collapsing. The size went from being a perfectly round (ie... full) 60 mm to a dented and deflated (ie... leaking) 42 mm. This is positive news and the hope is that although it is doubtful that Oliver will be completely packed up and gone by the time AF comes to visit again, there is the chance that I will only have to do 1 round of the horrible nausea inducing birth control pills. I will see the doctor (yes my actual doctor) on the 20th... for my official annual exam.... because with all this fertility shit I actually have been putting off that part for a couple of months... ironic huh? Then about a week later AF *should* arrive and I will have a cd 2 or 3 u/s to check on Oliver's shrinking progress.

I am not joking about how sick I feel on bc pills. Can someone please explain this to me??? I mean I took bc pills for many years with no side effects... none. But now... it is hideous. And the weird thing is it is the same pill, Ovcon 35... a fairly low dose pill. Last time when I had a cyst flare up Dr. Incompetent put me on the patch... which I tolerated much better... but Nurse says that I need to take the pill. Why?? ugghh. I hate this. Soooo frustrated and sick of feeling pukey.

And now for the "ARE YOU KIDDING ME???" file... Guess what I found in my mailbox today... An issue of (AND A BILL FOR) Parenting Magazine. Yes... somehow the cosmic gods have decided to play a trick on me (again) and somehow I am being billed for and recieving a magazine about how to have fun with your children. Anyone else see the glowing white hot irony here? And... I ask you... have you ever tried to unsubscribe from a magazine? There is no phone number to call... I was so annoyed and dismayed that I wrote acress the bill in huge block letters "I DID NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS MAGAZINE... I AM INFERTILE. DO NOT BILL ME AGAIN OR SEND ME ANOTHER ISSUE." Ok... I admit a tad bit dramatic... but what the fuck? Like I need THAT on top of everything else? Seriously.

To top it all off, I am overwhelmed at work. There is a lot going on and we are trying to get a show open on Wednesday. The kids are acting crazy and irresponsible and jerk-ish (well.. like high school kids) and with my hormone wackiness they are getting on my last nerve. Generally I love my job... I get to be creative and work in the theatre every single day... I run my own department and I make the rules... I decide what we do and when and how we do it. It is a perfect job for me. But yesterday I was tempted to go to Target and put in my application. Yesterday was one of the days that I utterly and completely hated my job and felt like I do not have the edge or the patience to continue working with high school kids. Yesterday I felt like walking out of the school, driving away, and never looking back.

I guess I'd better start playing the lottery again huh?

OK.. gotta run and read an article on how to make an "Easy Sew Halloween costume" for my imaginary children out of empty tampon boxes, negative home pregnancy tests, and vodka bottles.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not exactly sure where they're located, but:

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/listings.jsp?SRC=&STYPE=S&PG=L&R=N&L=%20%20&C=&N=parenting%20magazine&T=&S=&search=Find+It

That would have pissed me off royally too.

Glad to hear Oliver is making a slow exit.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I'm so happy to hear that Oliver is deciding to leave. Sorry about the magazine...hopefully that will be the last one that you get until YOU order it.

If you need me, I'm here. Take care.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I am happy to hear that Oliver is starting to pack up his shit and get the hell out of there.

And total bullshit with the magazine....

Hopefully we will get to talk soon.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

outside of the crappy things that are happening, I am so glad that your sense of humor still sends me into giggles.

I am glad Oliver is leaving (slowly, but leaving)
I too don't tolerate BC pills well. I was much better on the patch, but when I had my cyst they said BC pills too...I never really asked why, I just took them and suffered. *hoping you feel better soon*

love the note on the bill...they deserved it!!!!

good luck with the show and the kids. I feel like that about work lately. Lottery winnings would be very good. :)

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for what you are going through...
Do you have a gift for writing or what?- I really enjoy the reading
part
hope things get better soon.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that Oliver is shrinking!
Yay! I am sorry that you are feeling nauseous and pukey. Hopefully that will subside soon...very soon! That is terrible that Parent magazine sent you an issue and billed you! Crazy! How do you think you even got on their mailing list? I think your dramatic response was very appropriate! You tell'em!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Heather W. said...

Adios Oliver!

Umm, and about the mag. I so know how you feel. With the baby I m/c, I had already signed up for all the freebie stuff. So long after I miscarried, I was receiving things from Enfamil like "your baby at 6 months" and diaper samples. Blah, I wanted to cry every time!

Hopefully the b/c sickness will leave soon. Maybe a little further into the pack? Hope so!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

glad to hear that oliver is shrinking, I guess the bcps must be doing their thing. I hope he's gone by the next time they look.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

That is seriously shitty about the magazine. What a load of crap.

12:53 AM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

Ok, perhaps I will actually comment this time. You made me laugh this morning. I get mail from Pampers all the time. Perhaps, next time I'll use your technique!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here