Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 15, 2006

cd... hahahahahaha

I am ok... I have just been very busy this week.

Started the progesterone on Sunday... today is day 5... nothing so far.

This week was the week Mr. D. starred in the big SWEENEY TODD concert at the big fancy symphony hall. It was unbelievable. The music director who is a very famous director from New York commented in the papers that he thought this was the best sung Sweeney that he had ever heard (including the recent b-way revival!) thanks to my talented husband. There were so many people there... over 1200 and almost all of our friends and family members were there! I bought this beautiful new dress and paired it with a red choker that Mr. D. picked out for me (Sweeney fans... get it??? I have an incredibly witty husband!) I was the most proud wife in the entire city (maybe even the world!!!) that night! I took off work he following day so I could bask in the glow and go out afterwards with the cast... and we made it to bed that night at 3:30 AM!!!

The rest of the week has been a drag... Sept 11 was very hard and the kids at school were acting very strange and depressed all day... Many people wondered at the time how the children would respond to the tragedy.. well these kids were in 5th and 6th grade when it happened... and let me assure you... it effected them... deep.

It is time to have out first HUGE build day to build my set for our fall show which goes up in October. Saturday will be a 12 hour day.. yuck... but I should have walls and doors by the time we finish... so that is a start. It just makes the week very looooong to put in an entire Saturday at school... unfortunantly...

Last night right before bed Mr. D. noticed that my very old puppy Emmitt had a big bloody mess near his collar... After much cleaning and shaving we found a dime sized open hole about 1/2 inch deep. apparently one of his fatty tumors burst (this has happened with him before). We have a vet appointment at 2:40... hopefully they will be able to just sew it up and give him an antibiotic... we are praying that there is nothing else wrong... see my December and January archives for the "Saga of the 14 year old puppy"... in a nutshell... almost $4000 in surgeries to save his little life 6 months ago... so we are pretty gun-shy about having to visit the vet.

That's it... I have to get to Home Depot before school to order paint... then I will go back during my lunch to pick up many of the building supplies.. then Ms. New Great Teacher will go back with a truck in the late afternoon to pick up the $500 on lumber and doors... Then tomorrow... we build.

whew.

8 Comments:

Blogger Heather W. said...

WOW, busy weekend ahead!

Congrats on your husband's wonderful performance!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

congrats on your husband's performance. (I just saw Sweeny Todd in NYC last year and really liked it)I am sure you looked stunning in your dress and I am so glad you had fun and basked.

have a good weekend and I hope AF comes to visit soon too.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

I'm happy to hear that the performance went so well Jamie! I love that dress...I am sure that you looked absolutely fabulous!!!

I hope that the meds work for ya this time around.

Good luck with all of the building that you have going on. I'm glad that Ms. New Great Teacher seems to be working out for ya.

Take care of yourself and I hope to talk to you soon!

7:11 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

Seems like lots of fur babies are having rough times lately. Sure hope they can sew it up and make him feel all better without a huge bill to go with it!

Congrats to the hubby! That is awesome news!! So happy you went out and had fun with the cast - sounds like a blast!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Kudos to Gregg on his performance!!

Love the dress.

Doggie prayers for your puppy too!

6:37 AM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Oh I'm so sorry about Emmit.
Mr D. was amazing. That comment from the musical director has to be 1 of those life affirming moments .How truly FFABULOUS!
check this site.
projectrungay.blogspot.com
hilarious time sucking site and SPOILER ALERT:they show the remaining 4s collections. big developing plot point is revealed through the pictures . do you seee it?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Gorgeous dress (and congrats to your husband!).

I was teaching when 9/11 struck. Middle schoolers. Their reactions were heartbreaking. Worse than adults.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Crazy Me said...

Hey woman ... glad you had fun. Let me know when things slow down for you. I STILL have your candles!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here