Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Not much to report...UPDATE

UPDATE - uhm.. my progesterone level came back at 56.2. That was before suppliments... and that is REALLY HIGH... They wanted to see over 20 to sustain a possible pregnancy. The nurse thought this was REALLY REALLY GOOD. Dr. Google assured me that a high progesterone level is NOT an indication of pregnancy... but it does indicate a healthy level IN CASE OF pregnancy. Sooo... anyone ever had a level that high? Ignore the rest of this post... Hope just waltzed into the room.

Today is my last day of school for 5 days (Thank God!). Things are getting a little stressful at work and I really could use a few days break.

I de-"fall"-ized my house on Sunday... but we have no started putting up all the Christmas stuff yet. We may decided to do it tonight and all day tomorrow... it will depend on how Mr. D feels... he wasn't feeling well yesterday. I would like to get all the Christmas stuff up by Thursday... but I don't want us to kill ourselves to do it. There is no "reason" to have it done by Thanksgiving... no one is coming over... it is just my own little OCD thing.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingOn Thanksgiving day we are having our very first combined family dinner at the Gaylord Hotel... From my family will be my dad and his wife and my brother and from Mr. D.'s will be his parents, and his sister, brother in law and their two kids. I am really looking forward to it and hope that everything goes well. Afterwards we are going to see the ICE presentation at the hotel. I think it will be fun... and the best part... no dishes or leftovers. I will try to post my "famous "turkey pot pie" recipe for those of you who have leftovers (especially you Jenn)... but this year I will have to make mine with chicken.

As far as TTC goes. I could take a pregnancy test on Friday... but I think I might wait a little. I am suddenly not feeling very hopeful. The hcg is probably out of my body by now... and my body feels mostly back to normal. Besides the bloated belly I don't really feel anything. Nic assured me last night that it is waaaaay to early to feel anything (8-10 dpo) but I just feel... uhm... not hopeful. I am scared to test.. I am scared to have to start a new cycle and pay for everything... (my insurance has officially quit on me.) So anyway... I will get through Thanksgiving and then think about when I will test and what I will do next.

Ok... off to work!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crossing my fingers and hoping it does work :) stay positive...

9:42 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Crossing fingers, legs and toes for you! I still have a good feeling about this month! Stay positive! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! NO dishes sounds like an abosulte dream come true!!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't give up yet. Wishing you the best and a happy Thanksgiving.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep the faith girl! You just never know!

No cooking on Thanksgiving sounds wonderful! I wish that were the case here...

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

At 5 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins on progesterone suppositories twice a day (a week after reducing from 4 times per day) my progesterone level was only 30.5.

Have a great thanksgiving.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

Jamie, I am just on pins and needles waiting to hear. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Jamie, I hate to burst your bubble, but the progesterone tells you NOTHING about whether you are pregnant or not. At ths stage it is produced by the ruptured follicles left behind on your ovaries after they released the eggs. What this means is that you ovulated, and you ovulated probably from more then one follicle, since you had several good ones.

It also means nothing since different people seem to respond differently to levels of progesterone. I bleed early on a normal cycle even though my progesterone is always high. My level was 56 in a normal month with no drugs, where I did not get pregnant.

However, it also doesn't mean that you are NOT pregnant. You just have to wait and see, sadly.

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its all crossed for you!!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Mrs. D. said...

Oh don't worry Thalia... you didn't burst my bubble... I am pretty good at keeping hope an arms length away after 4 years of trying. It is just exciting to have good levels since the last time I had a progesterone draw after ovulation my level was a 2.3 (and we know it was an ovulatory cycle b/c we saw a mature folly on cd 15 and it was gone 1 week later at the time of the draw). So it is just exciting when my body does something "right". But I totally understand that high progesterone is not an indication of pregnancy.

Thanks for the advice!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I think that is great news that your level is so much higher than it has been in the past and definitely would take that as a good sign. But...since you asked about high levels...mine have been 67, 70 and 91, respectively with my injectible cycles. HOWEVER, I've never known that I've had low levels with any other ovulatory cycle b/c I was never checked so, who knows, maybe I'm just a good progesterone-producer no matter what the situation! They are STILL making me do both the suppositories and the progesterone in oil injections for my IVF cycle which I'm not too thrilled about since I haven't had a problem with my P4 in the past. Oh well. It's a tricky little thing...just another number to screw with our heads a little more. Each time I heard my level, I let a little too much hope in,thinking this had to be it if the number was up even more.
I'm praying that you get great news though and that your P4 is an indiciation of that. But, you are right, at least you know that your body is doing exactly what it should be doing to sustain a pregnancy.
Wishing you the best : )

5:34 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

I am crossing my fingers and just so glad that your P4 came back so high. It's really good news no matter what happens.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING and when I get back from Aruba I really, really hope to see that BFP post from you!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

7:00 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Yay for high numbers! Good news is good news and I think you should revel in it! I cannot wait to hear more good news from you!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Josie said...

I too have very high progesterone levels. They always say that is good IF I become pregnant - now that just needs to happen.

You will have to wait a few days for the pee test positive and I have been told that the progesterone is no indicator (sorry). The good news is that if you are pg your levels are perfect.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is great, so if you get that bfp, you know your levels are good, and that is a happy thought!!

I am in your corner cheering you on!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Bugsy said...

that level is fantastic! What more can you ask for than a healthy home for a bubs to snuggle into. (apart from well, a healthy bubs to do the snuggling). I hope this one is a winner for you.

Take care.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here