Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Happy Daylight Savings Day

Happy daylight savings day. Don't you love when the time changes? It is always so fun for me to get an extra hour of sleep in the fall and in the spring... well I hardly mind the change because it indicated that school is almost out for the summer! It is only 8:07 am and I have already said things like "omg... it is only 7:30??? wow." Tonight it will get dark earlier and that will be fun too. Here is a nice pic of the sunrise this AM at "only 6:30".



Last night Mr. D. and I took "our" first double dose of clomid. Yes... I know I technically am the one that takes it but he is the one that has to deal with me taking it... so I say "our". Then we can home and carved pumpkins for Halloween... I'll post pictures later. Mr. D. (following our 3 year old tradition) carved a wonderful Disney Princess pumpkin out of a real pumpkin. (His is the great Belle and mine were the cat in the window and one with our names in a very creepy font! Check out our October 20o5 & 2004 archives for more of our traditional pumpkin carvings! Cinderella is one of my favorites!!!) Last year I gave up on using real pumpkins and now use craft pumpkins and a hot wood carving tool to "carve" them. That way all my hours of work can last from year to year... and we now have a collection of 7 intricately carved pumpkins that can be used for years to come. I highly recommend using the craft pumpkins... but the woodcarving tools cost about $35... so the initial expense is higher than buying a real pumpkin.

Today I will try to make a 1:30 yoga class at the gym and then tonight Mr. D. is playing in a "theatre league" bowling tournament for a local theatre... it is a fundraiser. I think it will be fun to go hang out and meet new people since I am pretty "out of the theatre loop" since I haven't acted in a show for like... uhm... five years.

There is a new RESOLVE group forming in my area... the first meeting is on the 2nd. I am thinking about going. What do you girls think? It is sort of scary to put yourself out there as "infertile"... but after 4 years... yes... that "infertile" label fits here. Anyway... should I go? I think I need the "internets" to give me a push.

Gotta go... Mr. D. needs breakfast and is in a big hurry... not sure why.... it is only 8:23.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying clomid does the trick ;)!

Be sure to post pics of the pumpkins! We just do little silly faces on ours, lol, we're not too creative around here!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the Clomid does it for you, and that it's not too crazy-making.

As for the Resolve meeting--I would say go. I found that my local group was a good source of support, and a great source of information about local doctors and options. If you hate it, you don't have to go again! But you may be pleasantly surprised.

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pumpkins are amazing! How cool that you get to keep them after Halloween.

I have to say that my Resolve group is the most incredible group of women. I don't know where I would be without them. We kept on meeting after the official time was up, and they are my lifeline. I would at least try to go. It may be a great thing, and if not at least you tried it out.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Yay for the clomid challenge! I hope you and hubby 'win'!
As for the RESOLVE...I say go for it. You may really enjoy it and what could it hurt to attend just one meeting?! I'm thinking about ya girl!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pumpkins! My husband loves to carve pumpkins too and we started using the craft pumpkins a couple of years ago to keep all that work fresh. Seems like such a waste to put so much work into something that rots. And if you have coupons they really don't cost any more than a large, real pumpkin. He uses an exacto knife but I'm definitely going to tell him your recommendation about wood carving tools!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Krista said...

Love the pumpkins! We love carving pumpkins too but I have never considered using craft pumpkins...something to think about.

8:15 AM  
Blogger DD said...

If you are lucky enough to have a local RESOLVE chapter, please take advantage of it. At least you will be able to determine if you want to go to a second, but I think you will gain from the additional networking possibilities.

8:52 AM  
Blogger TeamWinks said...

I wish I had half the pumpkin carving skills you have! Wow!

Yes, go to the meeting. I'm sure you will at least gain something from it. Double dose of Clomid. Yummy!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

GOOD LUCK with the clomid challenge, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

the pumpkins look awesome, great job!!!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool pumpkins! Those look fantastic.

Regarding the Resolve meeting, I would say go. Joining a Resolve group has really helped me through this infertility rollercoaster. The internet is great because the blog community has helped me so much, but there is something to be said about talking to a real life person about this stuff.

Good luck with Clomid!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the clomid. I told my husband about your pumpkins as we where still using fresh. He loved the idea but wondered exactly what kind of wood tools you used. If you wouldn't mind posting what you used I would appreciate it!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Mrs. D. said...

ChrisM
I used the craft pumpkins from Michaels... Do NOT use "Funkins" the are hard and don't melt with the tools as well. The tool we also got at Michaels (last year) It is called a CREATIVE VERSA-TOOL made by Walnut Hallow. I use the "hot knife cutting tip... but there are 9 other tips with the tool. Hope this help you with your pumpkins!!!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Sporty said...

The pumpkins are beautiful as always! Your house is full of talent.

I say that you should go to the meeting.

If you want or need to talk, you know where to find me!

Thinking of you....

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie
Thanks for the info. I will tell my hubby...he saw all of yours last night and said...We are doing THAT next year!!!!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow,those pumkys are amazing ,both you and Mr D have hidden talents.We have been SUPER busy here,almost ,finally coming up for air!Hope to chat b-4 Hawaii.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here