Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingMr. D. and I had a great night at home. We decorated the front yard with all of our pumpkins and all of our Halloween illuminaries then we ate pizza and drank red wine and waited for the trick or treaters. As typical infertiles we gave out full size candy bars and oooh-ed and ahhhh-ed over all the little devils and pirates... princesses and chickens.

This year we had a lot of older trick or treaters that didn't even dress up... What is the deal with that??? As a teacher I want to go "Do you parents know you are out here without a costume and that you are like 15 years old???" But (as a teacher) I know their parents probably don't give a shit. We had a bowl of caramel apple suckers and gave those out to the kids without costumes but I had to be sly about which bowl I opened the door with. A couple of the really old and non-dressed up kids got the "business" from me as I made them sing me a song or do a cartwheel in the yard for their candy (I mean I don't give away free candy... jeez).

Everything died down about 8:15 and we ate chocolate cake for dessert and admired our lovely haunted front yard and entry way as we put away everything back in to the tubs to go to the attic.

So I made it through another holiday... childless. Let's hope it is the last one and next year Mr. D. and I are not about to be the full size candy pushers of the neighborhood because we are out with a stroller and a little ladybug or turtle... or both!

Now I just have to get through the big 3-5... one week from today.
Now THAT is scary.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Blogger J said...

I don't get the older/no costume trick or treaters either. Part of me thinks that (in our city, at least) there is a booming immigrant community who might not grasp the whole concept of halloween yet, but I felt weird giving out candy to kids who had no costume.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Jamie, It sounds like you had a wonderful evening! Like you I do not understand the older kids who trick-or-treat w/o a costume or the fact that they are trick-or-treating at all! Good idea about the 2 different bowls of candy though! I will have to remember that next year!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, my Mom and Dad have the same problem with older kids. So my Mom bought those yucky black and orange wrappered peanut butter candies. I hated getting those when I was a kid, haha!

I hope to see you strolling a turtle or ladybug next year too!

10:26 AM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

I am so glad you made those kids perform fo their candy!Kids need to stop going when that urge to dress up leaves them!Oh,I'm hopin' for a couple of ladybugs!

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here