Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 17, 2006

Ouch... the bloating!

I think I may have a mild case of Ovarian Hyperstimulation. For the past 4 days I have had bloating and pain in my lower belly. I have been eating GasX like crazy but the pinching/cramping pain never fully goes away on the lower right side... (strangely enough I had these same type pains both times I have been pregnant... in fact it was the reason I went to the hospital early on with my first pregnancy... I was scared I was ectopic... I wasn't.) I am watching my weight very carefully since rapid weight gain is a major symptom of hyperstimulation and so far I am ok. I am also drinking a lot of water since that is the first line of defense. I haven't called my nurse yet because it is Friday morning and I have an appointment with her on Saturday for a progesterone draw... so I will just talk to her about it in the morning.

And then it still could be major gas from the hcg...

Anyway... anyone ever had this?

OK... on the books for tonight and tomorrow with our goddaughter

tonight
Just me and g.d. (Mr. D is at rehearsal)
1. Out to the Movie Tavern for dinner and FLUSHED AWAY
or
2. Dinner and a movie in while decorating gingerbread houses.
or
3. shopping and a mani/pedi at a very fancy kids salon (they are "booked solid" for all day Saturday so we can't go then.)
(I thought I would let g.d. choose what we do)

tomorrow
Breakfast with Mr. D. while I am at the doctor... then we are on our own again from 11:30 - 4:30

1. decorate the gingerbread houses (since we already bought them)
or
2. window shopping in fancy scmancy area minus mani & pedi since they are booked.
or
3. go to the movies

tomorrow night
Mr. D. has a surprise planned for us girls... ???

OK... got to run... I am going to be late for work!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

When I had the hyperstimulation - I was doubled over in pain crying - I don't know if you remember but it was like a stabbing pain in my back.
The bloating - or feeling like you have balloons in your stomach is definately from the ovaries - I hate to say it - but I don't think the gas-x is going to help you out there.
Normally, you only have one mature follicle that releases an egg - this time you had several more - so your body can only hold so much.
Hang in there, take it easy b/c if it is truly hyperstimulation if you are too active one of the cysts could rupture (again, I don't know if you remember but my doc told me to relax whenever possible and NOT to pick up JOey).
Take it easy - you deserve it - let me know how doc appt. goes.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

I have never been hyperstimulated but I have had Clomid cycles lead to cysts and they hurt me from the time I took Clomid until after AF showed. I truly hope it's a sign you are PG, that would be wonderful news, but take good care of yourself.
My Hubby and I saw "FLUSHED AWAY" and it was so good. So my vote is for that today and gingerbread houses tomorrow...Have a good time !!!

6:43 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

I don't know about the hyperstimulation, I've never had it - but it sounds painful - ouch! I'm sorry. Hope it is something they can deal with easily.

Oh man, that sounds like so much fun! Wish I could be there!!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did have that last pregnancy because of all the drugs i took to get pregnant. I had a large cyst on one ovary as a result but was told not to worry, and it did eventually go away! So I wouldn't worry, although I was like you, very very bloated!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you rent out Mr. D to our various hubbies and other romantic partners? He should teach classes!

Hope you feel better...have a great weekend with your very lucky goddaughter.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're safe from OHSS - it's pretty much unheard of on Clomid and even on IVF it's associated with 20 or more follicles and sky-high oestrogen levels. BUT, having come close to OHSS on IVF (had 19 follicles) I have to tell you that the Clomid cycle where I produced 4 follicles was more painful - I could barely walk. It's something to do with the fluid that gathers in the follicles after the egg has left and then the pressure this causes on the surrounding area. It should pass within a couple of days. Good luck with the cycle - fingers crossed here.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you fell better soon, that sounds painful!

Oh, and I vote for going to the salon tonight. Then do the gingerbread houses tomorrow. As if you asked me, lol!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here