Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 16, 2006

For no reason...

Just because...

When Mr. D. is in rehearsals he leaves the house at about 5:45pm... I, on the other hand, walk in the door these days about that same time (if I am lucky). So we do not see each other much during the week. Last night when I came in the house I walked into most wives dreams. The candles were lit, a beautiful pasta and salad dinner was on the table, the whole house was spotless, and a bubble bath complete with music, candles, magazines, fluffy towels & wine was waiting for me. It is not unusual for Mr. D. to make dinner for me... but this was special. I bet most husbands wouldn't even go through all this trouble on a birthday or anniversary... and mine just does it for no reason!

I got to see him for about 5 minutes before he had to leave for work... Then I had a whole evening to myself to have a lovely dinner, a bubble bath, and wine!

He said he just wanted to treat me to a nice dinner and bath because he knew I was working hard and having long days at school.

How sweet is that?

This Friday and Saturday I get to hang out with our 10 year old goddaughter while her parents go out of town. I am really excited... she is really cool and I think we will have a great time. Any fun ideas for a very sophisticated 10 year old? I am thinking girlie type stuff.... or maybe a museum... or some sort of craft project... I don't know... what do you girls think?

9 Comments:

Blogger Kir said...

you are one lucky girl, I know that I get jealous when I read your posts (Not Too jealous since Mr Kir is a prince) but your hubby is just wonderful.

have fun this weekend, I think girlie type stuff would be fun.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Jessigirl said...

I think you are blessed to have a wonderful husband and I am so excited for all these good changes in your life right now.

P.S. I am clueless on the girl thing.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, Im sooo jelous, but in a nice way of course :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Sporty said...

You definitely have a keeper there! He really does sound like a great guy!

I wish I could help ya on what to do with a sophisticated 10 year old...No idea though!

Take care and hope to talk to you soon.

8:31 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

all of those ideas sound fun to me!

Man, that sounds like a dream. I'll have to send BigP over to read and learn.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! He IS wonderful. You are very blessed to have such an awesome husband!!

As far the girl thing, what about going to get manicures or pedicures together? What about a make over that you could do at your house? Do her hair and make-up and have a fashion show. Just some ideas.

10:17 AM  
Blogger PCOSMama said...

Just a thought on the craft thing..... I make bead jewelry and it's pretty easy. Just go to Hobby Lobby (or your local equivalent) and pick out the supplies. Mainly beads and something to string them on. Hobby Lobby has project sheets in the bead section. The two of you could make matching bracelets, or make each other a pair of earrings or something.

10:45 AM  
Blogger PCOSMama said...

Another Hobby Lobby idea (I just love that place!) - they have a soap-making section. If you buy a soap mold, a bag of glycerin soap, and some scents and maybe some herbal additives, like lavendar, you could make your own soaps. It's super easy but allows for creativity. I don't know your budget..... it'd probably cost around $15-20 to get all the supplies, assuming you long on to hobbylobby.com and print a 40% off one item coupon to use for the soap.

By the way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I've been reading your blog for awhile now and just am not much of a commentor!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I am soooooo jealous of you! My hubby would never think to do anything even remotely close to that! You are a lucky duck!

As for the girl thing...I would take her for mani/pedi and to lunch. Maybe top it off w/some shopping! That sounds like a perfect afternoon to me! Have Fun!!!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here