Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Let the wait begin...

All the sex has been had... now we will begin the dreaded wait. We were about to... you know... four times in our "window".... Wednesday night, (trigger on Friday morning), Friday night, Sunday morning, and Monday night. So everything depends on how "perfectly timed" everything was. And hopefully it was ok to go in the hot tub and steam room at the gym on Sunday... I don't know... after I was in for about 10 minutes I kind of panicked and got out... I sucks trying to "out nature" nature.

I am sort of tempted to take a pregnancy test just to see two lines even though I know it would just be the hcg trigger in my body... there is something so tempting about even a fake bfp when you have been chasing one for so long. But I won't... I mean I am not THAT crazy. (I'll just obsess about it instead.

My doctor has taken me off the progesterone supplements this week... they want to finish the clomid challenge test by seeing what my body does naturally after nice big follicles. I will get a blood draw on Saturday morning and as soon as the blood is drawn I will start the supplements again... that way they get an accurate reading but I start the progesterone within a week of ovulating... just in case that blood test comes back low. Then... on the next Saturday (the one after Thanksgiving) would be the earliest day we could do a blood pregnancy test. I am not sure when I could pee on an hpt with an accurate results... anyone know how long the hcg stays in your system? Since this trigger is new territory for me I am not that sure what to expect.

Symptoms so far... a lot of bloating, gas pains, breasts bigger... but not sore, and just general tummy puffiness and soreness. And believe it or not since I wore the estrogen patch (yesterday was my last day... I ripped it off last night) I have felt great... much more positive and energetic... could this mean I naturally have a estrogen deficiency? Can they check for that? Is this also normal? It could just be that this was my birthday week and everyone has been extra nice to me and that is why I am in a better mood... but... I sort of feel like it was the hormones.

That is it for now. I will keep you posted over the next week... I feel very hopeful... and that is super scary to me... I feel like I am setting myself up for a very big fall.

How about some creative ways to get through the dreaded two week wait?

9 Comments:

Blogger TeamWinks said...

Get a cookbook and get creative. That's my verdict! :-) Good luck!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Kir said...

I have no good ideas for the 2WW, maybe another massage or a pedicure this time!!! (those chairs sounded wonderful)

everything sounds great, GOOD LUCK!!!

5:48 AM  
Blogger BigP's Heather said...

shopping always works for me.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Oh, Oh! Make one of those construction paper ring things! You know...like we made way back in grade school where you rip one off each day! That would be kind of fun! You better keep us updated! I am so excited for you this month!

6:51 AM  
Blogger kristin said...

my vote is to take up quilting or knitting in the two week wait... it works for me. i feel productive and busy while doing something fun... and the detailed-nature of those crafts is sort of theraputic in a way... they also help you reflect on your feelings, etc. without just sitting and thinking... good luck! things sure sound promising!!!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about an original 'painting' suggestion from me, thats if you can paint of course!

If not, some baking therapy? Always keeps my mind busy!

Then of course theres always net surfing.....um maybe thats a dangerous idea, you might just type the words "symtoms" and "pregnancy" and thourally depress yourself.

Shopping is a good idea, as heather suggests, that too works, or just making loads of social plans to keep busy?

Anyways, like the idea of testing just to see pink lines, that one cracked me up :) good luck anyhow...

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker, I don't think I've ever commented before. I just wanted to tell you I am pulling for you. I can't think of anyone who deserves this more. I've been reading forever... and I will be waiting with bated breath (or is it baited??) for the results.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cookbook idea. Or get some great Thanksgiving recipies off the net, and try some new dishes for the holiday!

My hopes and prayers are with you girl!!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the hcg trigger and i think i remember someone telling me that it stays in your system for 10 days.

On my second IUI with injectables + trigger, I tested on day 11 with a First Response test. The line was barely discernable, so I got all excited and did some research.

Here's a link to a Pregnancy Test Sensitivity Chart: http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity.html
(scroll down a bit to see the comparisons)

2ww ideas: Forgive yourself if you let everything go. Take time off, watch stupid movies, read trashy novels, buy yourself extravagant beauty treatments, talk to friends who are going through infertility, and blog everything. And then when you're sick of that, go out with your friends and forget about everything while you have a good time.

Good luck to you!
You'll be a great Mom!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here