Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The Email Scandal...

So D.B. has contacted me by email. Now things get wierder... I contemplated posting the email in its entirety just to get opinions... but then I thought that that just crosses some sort of moral line that I have (and I don't have many) regarding private conversations... so I will just have to describe the email... I guess...

Basically it was chatty and long about how he just "happened across my name on classmates.com" (which is not true because he graduated 4 years before me... so he had to look me up). He quickly assured me that he is happily married for 14 years, 2 daughters (11 & 6), great job, great family, great life. Great. (So why exactly are you emailing an ex-girlfriend from 16 years ago?) He said he had fond memories of me and had always wondered what I was doing with myself... he asked for a picture. Basically Mr. D. summed up the email in two words "kinda creepy".

I wrote back and tried to be as chatty as he was.. I basically gave my "profile". I also assured him that I am happily married... (hey.. I am not the one contacting ex's on the internet...)

I think Kath (Never Ever Late) hit it right on the head when she called it a "High Fidelity" mid-life crisis type thing where he can't believe that he is getting old and that there are women out there in the world that he dated a million years ago that aren't still at home pinning away for him. I totally see where he is wanting this email conversation to go and it will only be a matter of time before he is asking me about "why or how did I ever got over him..." (Dude... I was 16... it took about 3 minutes.) I can see the John Cusack/Catherine Zeta Jones scenes playing out over a keyboard...

I am not exactly sure why I even wrote back... except I didn't want to be rude... but the thought of many more questions or much more email contact is kind of ooogy to me... I am 100% honest with Mr. D and I offer to let him read any emails I get... always... I have nothing to hide... but I can't help thinking that I would bet $$$ that Mrs. D.B. has no idea that her husband is emailing me.

I would die if Mr. D. ever secretly contacted an ex... isn't that a major red flag???? (Normal contact with ex's doesn't bother me.. I am actually friends with several women he dated in the past.. they all still adore him and say he is the best man alive... I know this too!) Plus... we have a very honest relationship and I would see sneaking around (even on the internet) as completely dishonest.

POLL: HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE MRS.. D.B.? DO YOU THINK SHE KNOWS HER HUSBAND HAS CONTACTED ME? DO YOU THINK I AM JUST AS WRONG TO WRITE HIM BACK? OR... AM I MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF A HARMLESS GESTURE?

In case you are wondering... I did send a picture... the wedding picture on this page... (Mr. D. thought this was very funny.)


2 Comments:

Blogger Sanorah said...

I haven’t read the emails so I’m saying it is possible that you are reading more into it than you should. I can sympathize (not sure this is the right word) with HIM because I am one of those ever-curious people. I still sometimes wonder about my past boyfriends. I have looked their names up on the net but not found any trace of them. Having said that, I am a very happily married woman, hell I couldn’t imagine my life without my husband, but that doesn’t keep me from being curious. BTW I have also looked up girls I knew in grade school that were good friends of mine. It’s just curiosity (my husband thinks it is also nosy), wondering how their lives turned out, where they are, how at they are doing. Because these are people that I once cared for I also hope they have beautiful lives.

So just maybe… he’s just curious.

~Sanorah
the TwatLightZone

2:56 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I don't know it depends on what my marriage was really like. I didn't read the e-mails so I am not completelty sure. He could just honestly be curios I would ask him if he has contacted alot of people from his past. Just to be more nosey I would ask if Mrs. DB does know that he is e-mailing you. I think that was really smart that you sent him your wedding pic.
Loads of Baby dust on you.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here