Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The Email Scandal...

So D.B. has contacted me by email. Now things get wierder... I contemplated posting the email in its entirety just to get opinions... but then I thought that that just crosses some sort of moral line that I have (and I don't have many) regarding private conversations... so I will just have to describe the email... I guess...

Basically it was chatty and long about how he just "happened across my name on classmates.com" (which is not true because he graduated 4 years before me... so he had to look me up). He quickly assured me that he is happily married for 14 years, 2 daughters (11 & 6), great job, great family, great life. Great. (So why exactly are you emailing an ex-girlfriend from 16 years ago?) He said he had fond memories of me and had always wondered what I was doing with myself... he asked for a picture. Basically Mr. D. summed up the email in two words "kinda creepy".

I wrote back and tried to be as chatty as he was.. I basically gave my "profile". I also assured him that I am happily married... (hey.. I am not the one contacting ex's on the internet...)

I think Kath (Never Ever Late) hit it right on the head when she called it a "High Fidelity" mid-life crisis type thing where he can't believe that he is getting old and that there are women out there in the world that he dated a million years ago that aren't still at home pinning away for him. I totally see where he is wanting this email conversation to go and it will only be a matter of time before he is asking me about "why or how did I ever got over him..." (Dude... I was 16... it took about 3 minutes.) I can see the John Cusack/Catherine Zeta Jones scenes playing out over a keyboard...

I am not exactly sure why I even wrote back... except I didn't want to be rude... but the thought of many more questions or much more email contact is kind of ooogy to me... I am 100% honest with Mr. D and I offer to let him read any emails I get... always... I have nothing to hide... but I can't help thinking that I would bet $$$ that Mrs. D.B. has no idea that her husband is emailing me.

I would die if Mr. D. ever secretly contacted an ex... isn't that a major red flag???? (Normal contact with ex's doesn't bother me.. I am actually friends with several women he dated in the past.. they all still adore him and say he is the best man alive... I know this too!) Plus... we have a very honest relationship and I would see sneaking around (even on the internet) as completely dishonest.

POLL: HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU WERE MRS.. D.B.? DO YOU THINK SHE KNOWS HER HUSBAND HAS CONTACTED ME? DO YOU THINK I AM JUST AS WRONG TO WRITE HIM BACK? OR... AM I MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF A HARMLESS GESTURE?

In case you are wondering... I did send a picture... the wedding picture on this page... (Mr. D. thought this was very funny.)


1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

I don't know it depends on what my marriage was really like. I didn't read the e-mails so I am not completelty sure. He could just honestly be curios I would ask him if he has contacted alot of people from his past. Just to be more nosey I would ask if Mrs. DB does know that he is e-mailing you. I think that was really smart that you sent him your wedding pic.
Loads of Baby dust on you.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here