Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2004

Ode to Teaching...

What a busy and crappy day...

Basically I just want to take a bubble bath and crawl into bed...

I am sick of dealing with high school kid's parents! I talked to several today and I just want to scream! As a extra-curricular teacher, I understand that my class is not on the SAT or the ACT radar, but do not tell me that it is less important than the "core-classes". Believe it or not, Your child does learn some things in my class. We do assignments and take tests too... and "I couldn't study my monologue because I had to study for my French test" just doesn't FLY!!!! Your kid may me very academically minded but they have no responsibility or character! Quit lying for them and making excuses for them! Let them learn to schedule their own life... they are going to college next year for God's sake! Hold them accountable for their mistakes... and teach them to be honest, caring, compassionate adults!... Jeez!!!!

Only one thing is worse... tomorrow night is open house!!!!!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

It is like a really bad joke some days:

"Hey Mom and Dad... how many infertile teachers does it take to raise your child???"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I can comment!!!! I totally agree you with the building character thing...I am assuming you are a drama teacher.....

I actually think my drama classes were more valuable than other classes. It gave me confidence to speak in public, project myself, adn how to behave as an infertile....he he he.

Character is way more important than knowing the square root of 6

-alex here from the kitchens of the infertile gourmet

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here