Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 18, 2005

Hope... not again...

I almost bought this at Hallmark today.

Me: "I've seen these around lately and I thought I might get one... you know to help me stay hopeful... kind of like a fertility statue or something... I could put it on my bedside table..."

Mr. D. : "That wouldn't be creepy at all."

So I didn't buy it. Even though Mr. D. did approve it for the mantel in the sitting room/ nursery after a little whining from me. I almost bought it... and then I thought I might be setting myself up for a huge let down over the next couple of days...

Mr. D did surprise me this afternoon with a polka dotted stuffed frog and a matching teddy bear for the sitting room/ nursery... they were on sale at Target after Valentine's day and matched the room perfectly. I also bought the CUTEST white stuffed bunny... (It is for me... not my imaginary kid... I swear...) Target also had really cute baby onesies, hats, pacifiers, and bottles in the $1 clearance section... they were REALLY cute... but Mr. D drew the line there so we didn't get any... the onesies might have fit my new stuffed bear and bunny... but not the frog.

We also spent time looking at cribs and other baby furniture... Man... Target is pretty incredible. It is the place where all good things come from.

Folks... I have a feeling the monthly meltdown this month may be really rough... Hope keeps creeping in and believe me... she is not welcome in this house.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

For some reason I have been unable to go into the "extra" bedroom (that I have ideally saved for our child) these past few weeks. Mike actually went in there the other day to put a spare box and I kind of freaked out. It is like I only really want stuff to go in there that concerns the child I hope to have.

I'm glad I am not the only one that looks at Target's baby stuff. :-)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Click Here